Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m in the process of getting an aftermarket head unit installed in my 2016 elite and will document my learnings here. I’m having a professional do it, so no installation guides, but leading up to it I’m learning a few things. I also would like to share the end results. Anyone do this already like to share some tips, advice, or resources?

·
Registered
2018 EX-L
7 Posts
All, I'm the same position as 3GP. Starting to investigate a new system in my 2018 EX-L. Would like to keep the same head unit if possible and add an amp to both main speakers and sub. Will have a pro do the install as well. Love to hear thoughts on amp placement, amps and speakers. The last two are subjective, but would like to hear what has worked well and not worked well for the group. Other than Crutchfield, what are some choices of resources? Haven't locked in a budget yet, (my daughter suggested $10,000. Made me chuckle). Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow so here is the hot mess behind the elite dash... auto shop says nope 👎🏼.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep. The 8 in HUs basically are the brains for everything in the vehicle except the power train. I’m surprised an experienced installer had to pull the HU to find out it can’t be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts