Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2014 touring and am loving it. However, I would really like to get apple carplay for it. I've found some stuff online (NavTool) that could possibly get me what I need but it's rather expensive and BBB reviews are just terrible. My next thought was to just replace the head stereo unit but it seems there are no dash kits for the 2014 pilot...?

My last thought is what has me coming to you all, the experts: I'd like to see if I can't install a smaller after market stereo in the storage compartment just above the radio control panel. I've circled this specific area in the attached image.

1. Will this work?
2. Is there another solution i'm missing?

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I haven't heard anything good or bad. I have Naviks' smartphone mirroring but it's not HD, I also have NavTool's AA/CP/SM interface. NavTool's support sucks, product is good. I've been contemplating Naviks'AA ACP interface.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would also recommend seeing how this change will affect the stereo system currently functioning in the vehicle. I have a 2015 Touring as well and I don't know if you are aware, but your Pilot has a 7.1 Surround sound stereo system in it, to accommodate the movies and music if they are recorded that way. Its the Dolby Prologic II setting in the Audio Menu. The Touring also uses the speakers to emit white noise to help filter out some of the road noise. I haven't made any modifications with the audio as I don't know how it will affect these two systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts