Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try any aftermarket side steps- such as Manik nerf bars?
Seem to cost substantially less than OEM.

·
Registered
166 Posts
davemac said:
Seem to cost substantially less than OEM.
Checked truckaddons.com
They list Westin's #220055 (blk aluminum) at $152, PLUS a $98 required mounting kit.
Westin's #220050 (chrome) is $292, plus the mounting kit.
Manik's #489154T (blk) is $205 (no mention of a mounting kit)

Searched a few other sites, but this one seemed to have the lowest prices and best selection (hint, used Acura MDX).

For those of you considering running boards, here's an aftermarket for roughly the OEM price, but, they're LIGHTED!
aztrucks.com #128068 came in at $329 + $30 shipping.
Here's a picture on a CRV

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have manik step bars

I have to admit quality is less then oem, but it's just steps.
The only problem is they stick out too much for my taste. I think its outer edage is 1" wider than splash guard. To me , that's too wide.

Good thing is its mounting brackets have space to work with. So I pull out my drill, power saw... and extended those screw slots for 1 inch and push those steps one inch inward.

I you want to buy a manik, better think about is wider better for you?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I have manik step bars

timchen said:
I have to admit quality is less then oem, but it's just steps.
The only problem is they stick out too much for my taste. I think its outer edage is 1" wider than splash guard. To me , that's too wide.

I you want to buy a manik, better think about is wider better for you?
Thanks for the interesting input. Although it doesn't affect you, Timchem, I did see another post from someone in New Hampshire indicating that the sidesteps retain heavy accumulation of snow and mud during winter driving, spraying up from wheels. Presumably the (wider) Maniks would have same, if not worse, tendency.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had the Manik black sidesteps on my silver lx for several months now and have been very pleased with them. They install in about an hour in oem bolt holes under the body with no mounting kit required. I do not live in a wintry area so I can't address the ice and show accumulation issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts