Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion on which is the best brand on shocks and struts? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will get Beilstein or KYB if I decide to go aftermarket for the front struts. Trying to decide if I want to keep the stock springs or not. It's a PITA to change but saves $200+

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Save the $ and get the KYB. Get an extra 5% off with a code at RockAuto and take advantage of the KYB rebate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get Beilstein or KYB if I decide to go aftermarket for the front struts. Trying to decide if I want to keep the stock springs or not. It's a PITA to change but saves $200+
I’m going to sound ignorant but what PITA means... 😬 🤭

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What will be the difference between stock springs or aftermarket? What will be the best decision? I have to buy everything! 😐

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,488 Posts
I’m going to sound ignorant but what PITA means... 😬 🤭
Pain in the @$$.

And don’t worry. I don’t have half a clue some of the terms my kids say.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Beilstein's all the way for me .. Ever since i used them for my off road GM trucks .. At least I know what i'm up against :)

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know I'm likely an anomaly, but I replaced both my rear shocks with Beilsteins, purchased from Rock Auto, and for whatever reason one went bad after only a few months. Rock Auto I think would have warrantied it, but the cost to ship it back to them (from Canada) and shipping charge for replacement back to me, it was just cheaper in the end to get a replacement for now from the local Honda dealer....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I know I'm likely an anomaly, but I replaced both my rear shocks with Beilsteins, purchased from Rock Auto, and for whatever reason one went bad after only a few months. Rock Auto I think would have warrantied it, but the cost to ship it back to them (from Canada) and shipping charge for replacement back to me, it was just cheaper in the end to get a replacement for now from the local Honda dealer....
This is one of the negatives of buying parts online. @RockAuto has paid for broken and/or failed parts to be returned, but they have gotten worse about doing so. I would rate their customer service as one of the worst of any legitimate retail business.

·
Registered
231 Posts
thats disheartening to learn since i also just bought and installed a set of bilsteins from rockauto on the rear after reading bad reviews about kyb fitment issues.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Also be mindful too that if you buy an item from @RockAuto that has a core return, that core return is shipped back on your dime. You may still save $, but your not saving as much as you thought you were. For a Canadian Piloteer, it may likely not be worth shipping back.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is one of the negatives of buying parts online. @RockAuto has paid for broken and/or failed parts to be returned, but they have gotten worse about doing so. I would rate their customer service as one of the worst of any legitimate retail business.
A little bit more RA customer service via chat or toll number would reduce the hassle of returns due to damage or defects would be an improvement. They warrantied a damaged strut, covered the return shipping and sent a replacement quickly. The strut had a fractured mounting bolt that protruded through the manufacturers box. Wished they send the strut in a larger box that protected the contents better from the rough handling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts