Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT FROM 18/235/60 TO 17/255/65, WITH BORBET rims. I need new tpms sensors or will my stock ones work? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
846 Posts
You definitely went to a taller and wider, than stock, tire. Are the original TPMS senders in the valve stem mounted in the rim???? If so, should be able to move them over to the new wheels.

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You definitely went to a taller and wider, than stock, tire. Are the original TPMS senders in the valve stem mounted in the rim???? If so, should be able to move them over to the new wheels.
I believe they are in the valve stems in the factory rims.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
They are part of the valve stem assembly in the factory rims. Move them to the new rims.

IIRC, Tire Rack sells them, but it's a bit of a trick buying them without wheels or tires. Build an order with all, then delete the wheels and tires to leave you the TPMS sensors.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
IIRC, Tire Rack sells them, but it's a bit of a trick buying them without wheels or tires. Build an order with all, then delete the wheels and tires to leave you the TPMS sensors.
Why can't you buy the TPMS sensors from TireRack by simply clicking on "Parts & Accessories" and then choosing "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)"?
Input your vehicle info and the appropriate sensor is shown.

Or, buy the Denso sensors from RockAuto.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
If you can post before and after photos.

I'm sure you aware but your speedometer may be slightly off and you probably will get a little worse fuel mileage.

·
Registered
846 Posts
.....and a little more sluggish performance.

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can post before and after photos.

I'm sure you aware but your speedometer may be slightly off and you probably will get a little worse fuel mileage.

Yes will do, says have wrong file type lol

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
A little less than 5% change in height, so less than 3MPH difference in speedo readings at 60MPH. (715 vs 681 revs/mile, using the Michelin Premier LTX as an example tire.) Small enough error to ignore I suspect.

From the pictures though, it looks like the wheels are out further. Wider wheels, or different offsets? Wider is OK, while changing offsets gets into some wear, and steering/braking dynamics issues. Ovarall looks good!

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little less than 5% change in height, so less than 3MPH difference in speedo readings at 60MPH. (715 vs 681 revs/mile, using the Michelin Premier LTX as an example tire.) Small enough error to ignore I suspect.

From the pictures though, it looks like the wheels are out further. Wider wheels, or different offsets? Wider is OK, while changing offsets gets into some wear, and steering/braking dynamics issues. Ovarall looks good!
Ty, wider wheels and bigger offsets

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Smaller offsets? Larger offset number moves the wheel closer to the centerline of the car. Might be the angle of the picture, but it appears that the new wheels/tires are outboard of where mine sit. Picking nits at this point.

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smaller offsets? Larger offset number moves the wheel closer to the centerline of the car. Might be the angle of the picture, but it appears that the new wheels/tires are outboard of where mine sit. Picking nits at this point.
Yes smaller i guess, the wheels stick out more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts