Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket radio Install powers on theres a constant clicking noise coming from the cabin speakers; no other audio. Sub speaker w/external amp does produce audio. I tried the linking together the red and the blue wires from the aftermarket harness to the single red wire coming from the stereo and there was only the clicking sound. Installed a Jensen CMR270 (Jensenmobile Search results for: 'Cmr270 harness' Jensenmobile) = contains image of the raio and harness. I am stumped as the previous aftermarket radio audio was working perfectly. All i did was disconnect and re-connect wire for wire. Any info on of areas of concen I should check or a possible solution. 2003 pilot.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
You might get more answers by posting in the Audio subforum. That's where the helpful audio gurus hang out the most.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Slow down there. Let me get this straight.
A 2003 Pilot (what trim?) had an aftermarket audio installed (what brand/model?)
And I take it it had a vehicle-specific harness (likely Metra) connected to that audio unit harness.
So you took that, cut it, connected the Metra harness to the harness that came with Jensen.
Can you post a picture of the harness you produced? With wires spread out so connections are visible?

Next, about that 'sub speaker with external amp'. What model amp? Was it also handling just the sub for previous audio unit? I take it there is only a single stereo RCA cable coming from the amp, and you connected it to the red/white RCAs on the Jensen? Did you connect the blue wire from Jensen harness to the amp power-up lead?

Finally, what is it about that 'linking together red and blue to single red from stereo'. The blue wire is for antenna amplifier. If anything, blue from the Metra should go to blue from Jensen - as well as split off to amp power-up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Looking at the Jensen install guide, its connection to the Metra should really be 100% color matched. Only one left out would be the green/white from Jensen. That one would need to go to reverse lights pin on the fuse box if you have a backup camera. Else you just cap it off. Assuming the harness is done right, next step would be to check wiring and speakers.

Best done with a device like this:

If that checks out, you likely got a bad head unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the Jensen install guide, its connection to the Metra should really be 100% color matched. Only one left out would be the green/white from Jensen. That one would need to go to reverse lights pin on the fuse box if you have a backup camera. Else you just cap it off. Assuming the harness is done right, next step would be to check wiring and speakers.

Best done with a device like this:

If that checks out, you likely got a bad head unit.
I think the unit is bad. You are correct about the wires being straight forward color to color on the metra to jensen. I put my old aftermarket hu back in and the audio is working just fine, so not a speaker issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts