Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been lurking here a few months but finally pulled the trigger on a 06 Pilot EX. I love the ride but definitely want the whole GPS/Bluetooth/Rear Camera/XM set up in place. I did a lot of research and hope to install this myself. I think I have everything I need:

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/380857838772Sirius XM High Gain Interoperable Magnetic Car Antenna

• PIONEER AVIC-5000NEX BLUETOOTH MICROPHONE

• PAC SWI-RC STEERING WHEEL CONTROL RETENTION INTERFACE ADAPTER SWI-JACK + SWI-PS

• Scosche HAAB Honda Mazda Aftermarket Radio Installation Antenna Adapter Plug

• METRA 70-1721 HONDA ACURA 98-UP PWR 4 SPKR

• Esky EC170-06 World Smallest HD Color CCD Waterproof Vehicle Car Rearview Camera

• Jensen VX7020 Double DIN DVD/MP3 6.2" Touchscreen GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth

Hoping to have some feedback from DIYers who installed a similar setup. Is this pretty much all I need? And is there any tutorials or guides you found helpful? Thanks for the responses. If this all goes well I can upload my own How To on the boards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed a Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX double din receiver in my 2004 EX last year and have been very pleased with it. I didn't bother with satellite radio or a rearview camera, but I used a Metra 95-7861 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit, a Metra 70-1721 wiring harness, and a Metra ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface and everything worked great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on Crutchfield's site and looking at the Jensen VX7022, there is a note that reads, "When you replace your factory radio, the factory subwoofer and subwoofer amplifier (if present) will no longer work." Is this accurate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts