Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all have used aftermarket mounts? What brand and how have they worked out for you? I am needing to get the front and back done on my at least.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Usually I go with major brands like moog or duralast or if its cheap enough OEM...

Btw that's a nice buck you have there

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,938 Posts
I used Anchor brand on my 2005 Pilot’s passenger side and front mounts. No issues with them after two years.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Anchor mounts are generally junk, IMO, even compared to the crappy rubber Honda uses in their OEM mounts. I've tried them twice on other vehicles, as they are certainly less $$. Fail. I bet if @road2cycle looked at his Anchor mounts, while they may have not totally structurally failed and causing clunking, the rubber is cracked/torn. If not, then I'd love to stand corrected and applaud Anchor for fixing their designs.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,938 Posts
I just gave the passenger side and front mounts a visual inspection with flashlight and mirror. I didn’t notice any cracking/splitting of the rubber on the mounts, Anchor brand. I replaced these mounts about two years ago, so figure they have 15k miles of use on them. Granted, my sample size is one and one. Previous poster had bad luck with Anchor brand mounts. I guess your results may vary. The reviews on Amazon (I think roughly 4 of 5 stars at the time) and price about a third of OEM swayed my decision to use them.

If climate has a major impact on the lifespan of the mounts my wife’s Pilot experiences ambient temps between 30F and 90F the majority of the year.

Reactions: AVC

·
Registered
164 Posts
One thing I’ve found on other vehicles is that it’s important to replace all of the engine/transmission mounts at the same time. Installing one will cause the new one to fail prematurely because of the wear on the other two.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve been a seller of Anchor brand for about the last 10 years. So, I’ve also installed them on a 04 Neon, 97 Corolla, 99 Taurus, 94 protege, 99 Saturn. I ALWAYS replace them all (eng & trans) as I have gone through the trouble of replacing 2 of 4, then doing all 4 two months later. (Stupid Neon)
As always, your mileage may vary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts