Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1141 - 1147 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Danny, wondering how long normally HID last? I mean like roughly how many year?

Thanks
I have had my HID's in my Ford Edge for around 2.5 years so far. Still work great but like a lot of the LED lights out there, there are many different quality levels when it comes to HID lights. The first set of bulbs I had sucked (Only installed for about a month) but the 2nd set have been really good. Like others have said, HID's do not work well in all housings. My Edge has the shutter style housing so they work good in it and does not have any additional light above the cutoff to blind other drivers.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have Xenon Depot Xtreme LED in my low beams. Im thinking of tying HIDs in the low beam and LED in the Fog lights. Has anyone tried using H11 in the Fogs? I think its the same betides the connector. Figured maybe I can just switch them out and have some nice bright fog lights.

What Other brands of HID have been used with good results? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have ddmtuning.com 55W HIDS for low beams at 6k. which produces the whiter light since its 55W. As for the fogs I have the same ddmtuning.com HIDs but the 35W at 3500K to get the yellow light which I absolutely love and has helped me tremendously in rain or bad weather conditions.

Just to add, I originally went with LED low beams and fogs and hated them. It had a fan that was just noisy that I could hear at idle or when parked and the light output was not to par with the HIDS. I even got the correct LED lights that had the reflectors on them and still just not enough light for them. I may reconsider them for the Highs but for now im good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have ddmtuning.com 55W HIDS for low beams at 6k. which produces the whiter light since its 55W. As for the fogs I have the same ddmtuning.com HIDs but the 35W at 3500K to get the yellow light which I absolutely love and has helped me tremendously in rain or bad weather conditions.

Just to add, I originally went with LED low beams and fogs and hated them. It had a fan that was just noisy that I could hear at idle or when parked and the light output was not to par with the HIDS. I even got the correct LED lights that had the reflectors on them and still just not enough light for them. I may reconsider them for the Highs but for now im good.
Thanks Ill take a look at them. The Xenon depot LEDs art to bad but I think they were bettering my 2012 could just be me. I think they would be pretty nice in the Fog lights though or at least worth a shot If I feel like using a H11 bulb in an H8 housing...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Ill take a look at them. The Xenon depot LEDs art to bad but I think they were bettering my 2012 could just be me. I think they would be pretty nice in the Fog lights though or at least worth a shot If I feel like using a H11 bulb in an H8 housing...
The technology behind aftermarket LED headlight bulbs are just not there yet. If you see the tests conducted by some serious people online HIDS still provide the maximum amount of lumens. Thats why you see cars with Led low beams but consisting of multiple LEDS to generate the same lumen output as you would on HIDs.

I am not a light expert, I just know that LEDS have very high intensity which would be perfect for High beams, but just do not provide enough lumens unless they are created specifically for that certain application (ie. Honda's upper model low beam lights).

XD Hids are good had them in the past but they just seem over priced to me. check out ddmtuning, and find the correct connection housing for our fogs. If you truly want the #1 HIDs in the business, then you have to spend a lot for Phillips, thats the only name brand ones to get. Other than that, all the others out there are just knock offs and a major reason why they dont make sense to buy since they cant compare to Phillips.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just upvoting DDM Tuning hids, i've always had the 35w in my fog lights on my TL for 10 years and still going strong. Pilot has 35W lo beam since 2016 and no issues so far.

1141 - 1147 of 1147 Posts