Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ok I wasn't sure if the fender garns would fall off the car and I would have to realign the bumper styling lines so they are straight

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I realize that OEM is still the best option, but with Honda product planners making asinine decisions of making LED headlights available only on the Elite with captain's chairs, has anyone thought about getting aftermarket LED or HID headlight bulbs for the 2016 Pilot? If so, would you be able to share where these can be sourced from?
Get HID. I originally had LEDs in the low beams and the beam pattern was great but it just wasn't throwing light out far enough. then i realized i put an led inside of a halogen projector headlight. So then I put some HID's in and dang it made a huge difference. so go with HID on low beam. Led on high beam and fog light.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For those of us that have the XD Xtreme HID kits in our car I have found some good information directly from Xenon Depot. I typically use the 'auto' headlight setting on my pilot and I park in a garage, so for those of us that park in a garage we know that our lights turn on as we pull in then we turn our cars off a few seconds later. I was concerned that it would harm the bulbs or the ballasts for only being on for a few seconds, so I reached out to XD . According to XD the low draw Xtreme ballasts and the bulbs will not be harmed by the short time the are on.

Thought I would share this information to everyone incase you were wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I realize that OEM is still the best option, but with Honda product planners making asinine decisions of making LED headlights available only on the Elite with captain's chairs, has anyone thought about getting aftermarket LED or HID headlight bulbs for the 2016 Pilot? If so, would you be able to share where these can be sourced from?
Get HID. I originally had LEDs in the low beams and the beam pattern was great but it just wasn't throwing light out far enough. then i realized i put an led inside of a halogen projector headlight. So then I put some HID's in and dang it made a huge difference. so go with HID on low beam. Led on high beam and fog light.
Very good info thank you!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
So tonight was the first time I drive my pilot at night with the XD Xtreme HID with Phillips 4300k bulbs installed. I’m noticing a shadow from the wire on the ground in front of my pilot. I have been reading lots of posts saying that there should not be any shadow with the XD kit. Did I do something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
How noticeable is the shadow? Mine is very faint. Compared to the cheaper HID's I started out with its night and day. Post a pic and I'll let you know if its similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
here is a picture that i took inside my garage you can see the shadow on the inside of my garage door, after it gets dark i will take a picture of the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
here is a picture that i took inside my garage you can see the shadow on the inside of my garage door, after it gets dark i will take a picture of the ground.
Thanks for posting the picture of the issue in question but I'm having a hard time seeing any shadow issues in the light and beam pattern. Is it more noticeable on the ground?

Danny

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture of the issue in question but I'm having a hard time seeing any shadow issues in the light and beam pattern. Is it more noticeable on the ground?

Danny

Yes it is noticeable on the ground I have to take a picture but it’s just been too rainy to get a good shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im new to this of changing lights... I have 2017 pilot and I want to get HID, Led or xenon etc... whatever is better... is there a guide or something so I dont have to read 69 pages of posts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, Im new to this of changing lights... I have 2017 pilot and I want to get HID, Led or xenon etc... whatever is better... is there a guide or something so I dont have to read 69 pages of posts?
Daniel,
I know it is a long thread to read so I will will just give you my $.02 since I read it. Most people have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for the best possible light output the XD Xtreme HID with the 4300K phillips bulbs is the way to go. Also, the XD Xtreme HID kits use a low draw ballast so they will not damage your factory wiring harness, this gave me the piece of mind I was looking for in new headlights. If you are looking for the best color match to your LED daytime running lights then an LED headlight bulb is the best option, however you will not get the light output as you would with the HID system.

I have heard reports that the LED headlights also do no perform as good as the HID in rain/snow, but I have no first hand experience with it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yes it is noticeable on the ground I have to take a picture but it’s just been too rainy to get a good shot.

If you could provide a picture showing this issue that would be great but from what you are describing it sounds like the return wire from the HID bulb is ending up in the wrong spot once you lock it in.

Here's a great H11 HID kit upgrade DIY we posted on our website for a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring. That is one option but you can also go with a H11 LED kit as well. The main difference would be the brightness, with HID being the brightest upgrade you can get. Take a look at both and let me know if you have any further questions about which one may be right for you.

Danny

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you could provide a picture showing this issue that would be great but from what you are describing it sounds like the return wire from the HID bulb is ending up in the wrong spot once you lock it in.

Danny
Danny, I will provide a picture once the weather clears I am in pennsylvania and it has been raining for days here. To my knowledge the base should l only fit in one direction...is that correct?

chad

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Danny, I will provide a picture once the weather clears I am in pennsylvania and it has been raining for days here. To my knowledge the base should l only fit in one direction...is that correct?

chad
No problem, just send us a PM or email with the info so we can further review this and better help you out. Correct, the H11 bulb can only go in one way but if the bulb is not locked in properly or the o-ring is not seated on the bulb correctly then this can cause an issue with the light pattern. Or in some rare cases, it can be because of the headlight housing and how it was assembled for the bulb to lock in which isn't an issue with halogen bulbs but because HID bulbs have a return wire then it can cause a return wire shadow so the return wire needs to be in a different spot.

Danny

1021 - 1040 of 1147 Posts