Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04' Pilot EX-L, and the stock headrests are the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen in a car. I'm super tall, so I thought maybe it was just me, but my front-seat passengers of various sizes also remark at how uncomfortable they are. I see lots of people complaining about them on this forum, and of course the standard rebuttal is that they are "head restraints" and aren't supposed to be comfy, but after a 10-hour non-stop drive last week, I had the worst neck pain in my life from not being able to rest my neck at all because the restraints are so far back that they're impossible to rest your head on while driving.

So has anyone found an aftermarket headrest that will work with the existing holes, or does anyone have an easy (and safe) solution to add some padding to the thing to bring it forward a little? I know they sell various foam neck pad things you can strap onto the top of your seat, but they all look pretty ugly and won't really help me since I'm so tall and the top of my head is already above the top of the restraint anyway, so most of those "neck rest" pillow things hit me in my shoulders.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The headrests are actually part of the collision protection system. If your vehicle is struck violently from the rear, the headrest is designed to prevent your neck from snapping and your skull from flying into the back seat. Are there even aftermarket replacements available ? You might want to verify that a replacement is as safe as the OEM. I would doubt it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I never rest my head on the Pilot head rests while driving otherwise it would be a one-way nap ;). The '04 Pilot head rests have an unusual shape and are uncomfortable even taking a nap when parked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts