Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have links or know of a company that makes any aftermarket headlights or tail lights? I'm looking for something different from the standard oem design.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is there something wrong with the existing lights?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there something wrong with the existing lights?
I want something that looks different.

thank you for the reply, I'm looking for something different from the standard oem design. Highlanders have many different aftermarket headlights and tail lights, have you seen any aftermarket company make anything?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Showcar bound? You should just contact those companies that make them and see if they’re willing to make it for the current Pilot. You never know, they might be in R&D stages.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Showcar bound? You should just contact those companies that make them and see if they’re willing to make it for the current Pilot. You never know, they might be in R&D stages.
wew, my first thread and all i get is sarcasm and condescension, then you people wonder why i'm trying to make my car look different from yours. You guys can have your board back now, good luck with the next user who makes the mistake of asking a question on this forum.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Hi, does anyone have links or know of a company that makes any aftermarket headlights or tail lights? I'm looking for something different from the standard oem design
My Pilot is a first generation with limited choices. Spyder is the brand that offered these slightly different aftermarket headlight products. Check them out for more info.
Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive parking light

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,254 Posts
I'm still holding out for sealed beam headlights to make a real comeback. :)

But have a gander at these...

2016 Honda Pilot Custom Headlights — CARiD.com

...and peruse this meaty thread for what other Piloteers have done...

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
wew, my first thread and all i get is sarcasm and condescension, then you people wonder why i'm trying to make my car look different from yours. You guys can have your board back now, good luck with the next user who makes the mistake of asking a question on this forum.
Well if you decide to comeback, welcome to the forum! There is a lot of knowledge that might help you, or not.

Now for the lights- Not many choices I have seen (not that I looked a lot). You have the problem that unless you plan to do a large amount of custom front end restyling to get something else to fit, you are limited to something that "fits" and bolts in to the factory shape and works as needed. The Pilot is NOT a tuner crowd kind of vehicle. 99.9% of the owners have it for function/needs of family and after the $$ to buy it, aren't looking to modify it that way. Aftermarket custom companies don't do mass production products that they don't have a market to sell to. You also need to make sure that they actually perform to do their job correctly. I have seen MANY aftermarket for Civic, WRX, Corolla etc. mostly older versions with REAL CRAPPY beam patterns and lack of coverage. I even tried a pair once when a factory glass shattered, it wasn't a very expensive lesson and got changed after quickly. I live and drive where there are no street lights, lots of animals, etc. for hours. I've burn't out highbeams from use. I had a Corolla with poor factory lighting pattern (9005/9006 reflector) but passed the DOT guidelines. I spent a good $$ on factory glass H4 from Europe that had different lighting standards. They performed 1000% better high and low BUT looked very close to US factory as I needed to fit the factory spots and it was small mods for wiring/mounting points. Years later they had many different plastic versions like that and decent quality, blacked out, crappy H3 projectors etc. but there was larger market.

You didn't list what year pilot. The 16-18 lower trims have Halogen Projectors and Halogen reflector high beam. '19+ have LED projectors that are much better (brighter and more coverage) and halogen reflector high beam. The touring and Elite on both have the FULL LED reflector version that looks different and it does fit the lower trims (from some threads) but might need tweaks to wiring and plugs.

From there, aftermarket companies have done Retrofits with different projectors (bi-LED, bi-xenon, dual projectors (replacing the high beam) and whatever your wallet will support they will be willing to do. They'll paint body color or custom color matching, add every LED color changing accent etc. but they will be a one off again as no market for mass production. MAYBE years down the road you'll find more as the Pilots get handed own cheaply and need replacement parts so why not switch it.

So a little google-fu on first page on custom retrofit headlights might lead you to where you want.
LightWerkz
Black Flame Customs
oneightnyc

Some people might ask questions to try and understand your reasons and try to help. Some might call you crazy. Some might have no tolerance for others intolerance or wanting to be different. Some might not give a rats butt as they can't figure out what gender or animal they want to be like today or tomorrow. Some might be intrigued and want to custom make peek-a- boo window boxer/brief front with a thong back underwear and wear ONLY that in public in front of your kids, while blowing marijuana smoke in their face, trying to put their hands in yours, your wife's or kids pants or skirts and laughing when you get pissed and have no tolerance for what they want to be different. They might want you to change to be like them and demand it from society. Who are you to question and be intolerant why somebody wants to ask questions and NOT be different than many others, get it?

But that's just me. I wish you whatever life you want, happy, miserable, rebellious, Kumbaya. Heck custom make really bright taillights flip the seats around and drive the Pilot backwards everywhere who's to say that's wrong, like THIS?

And if that doesn't work the world is a great place, you have freedom to be you, stay, leave, have a great life either way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That was never my intent, no sarcasm. I was just saying, I never looked into it myself. But if you have a company that has the same look you’re looking for, then maybe contact them directly to see if they might make one for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
And yes it has worked for me, as I looked for a set of headlight design for my civic that has the same designs as Acura’s. Pic is not mine, but this is the look I am going for. as I stated earlier, you never know if one is in their R&D stage

·
Registered
302 Posts
@Cobra_ welcome to the forum. Majority of the users here that are not forum moderators, usually don’t reply quickly as other forums do. We help out when we can for advice, as most days we’re busy with our daily lives. Like @sequoiasoon stated earlier 99% of us don’t customize these vehicles as they’re family haulers for the majority of us. But there are some that do, and probably haven’t responded yet.

If anything, search this forum, or the ridgeline forums as well, and you never know there might be an answer to your question.

One big piece of advice not just for here, but in life in general don’t assume anything about anyone or anything in life, people are willing to help in their time. If they don’t, take it as you will, it only come down to how you respond to it. How you go on forward is how you set your future. ( -Kobe Bryant )

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
@Cobra_ welcome to the forum. Majority of the users here that are not forum moderators, usually don’t reply quickly as other forums do. We help out when we can for advice, as most days we’re busy with our daily lives. Like @sequoiasoon stated earlier 99% of us don’t customize these vehicles as they’re family haulers for the majority of us. But there are some that do, and probably haven’t responded yet.

If anything, search this forum, or the ridgeline forums as well, and you never know there might be an answer to your question.

One big piece of advice not just for here, but in life in general don’t assume anything about anyone or anything in life, people are willing to help in their time. If they don’t, take it as you will, it only come down to how you respond to it. How you go on forward is how you set your future. ( -Kobe Bryant )
And probably a LARGE majority of all newer vehicle owners, as the way of the world are LEASING them so they can turn in and get new in 3 years. They pay for maintenance plans so they don't need to touch anything, don't know how anyway, or any tools to work on them. That seriously limits what can be customized.

But they can tell you in 3 seconds what 100 TikTok/Instagram/Twitter "stars" had for breakfast and what they are planning for lunch.

Priorities- Take the Honda Pilot true owners manual, the thick one you need to get from Helm, not the starter guide. Almost 200 pages of Radio Instructions and only 2-3 pages of how the transmission modes work and when to use them, you know actual driving and maybe utilizing an SUV or getting unstuck in snow/mud/sand.

My co-worker just spend $380 to get the leaking coolant "expansion tank" replaced on his 2008 BMW X5. He owns no tools and lives in an apartment in Queens. I showed him the YT video of how to replace and the $48 dollar replacement from RockAuto.....I think he evacuated in his shorts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts