Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this info in any of the existing threads...but does anyone know of any aftermarket head units that utilize the steering wheel controls?
Definitely replacing the stock speakers first but would be willing to revamp the entire system -- I just don't want to have a bunch of useless buttons on the steering wheel...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Regarding an after market head unit utilizing the steering wheel controls? YES and NO. The aftermarket unit does NOT have the built in capability. However, there are adapters that fit in between the steering wheel and in-dash unit.

However, here is where the current problem lies. I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for my audio installer to get schematics to get the adapter to function properly. With the Pilot being a new vehicle, there simply is not a lot of information on audio installs.

My Kenwood unit is up and running but, no steering controls!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some surfing, I found Kenwood of Europe makes an adapter for their Europen models:

Link to Kenwood Europe's FAQs

Hopefully it's just a matter of time before Kenwood USA comes up with an adapter for the Pilot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts