Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I have the typical rust on the rear of my rear wheel wells. Don't want to pay 1000+ to get it repaired as my 2003 Pilot is going to be passed onto my kids and driven until it dies. It is not a perfect vehicle and has 175k so I don't want to make a major cosmetic investment in it.

My thought process was to sand and paint with some rust conversion paint from Rustoleum the best I can, then cover it up with a flare. At one point I found the OEM flares on Amazon but hesitated at $400 for the set.

Anyone have pictures of good looking aftermarket flares? I don't want to have to paint them - a plastic or gloss black would look fine on my silver 2003.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I found a set molding only OEM Honda Part No.: 08P21-S9V-100C on Ebay $277 USD

I pulled the part number from the 03-08 series but on ebay the dude listing it as 2012-15

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
03 to 05 are the same front fender

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Yeah, I figured and it does make sense, but what I'm wondering is if they're the same fenders as on '06-'06s (same gen refresh), regardless of part numbers.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
just buy them and shape them to fit the 06 ..i havent seen flares for the Gen 1 for a long time :)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Interestingly enough, if I switch vehicles on the site above that has the black ones and the blue ones (rear only, according to the illustration), it says they are incompatible with a 2004 or a 2005, which I find hard to believe. 2006-2008 maybe, although I'd also be a bit surprised as that's just a refresh of the same generation and I don't think they would have redesigned the fenders.

For the site to say they're compatible with a 2003 but not with a 2004 or 2005 seems a bit far-fetched. The only explanation I can think of is that when they made them for the 2003, the 2004 and 2005, or the 2006-2008, hadn't come out yet so they couldn't include that in the site's compatibility algorithms and they never went back and fixed that.

It's a bit of a gamble at US398 + over US$100 for shipping, so has anybody seen a difference between 2003 rear fenders and 2004 rear fenders?

And the $500 question: Is there a physical difference between 2003 rear fenders and 2006 rear fenders?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Aw, man...?
I've just checked the availability on this part and unfortunately this fender flare set 08P21-S9V-130 is DISCONTINUED and is no longer available with Honda.

We have no choice but to cancel your order.

Sorry for the inconvenience

ORDER #45588 - Placed 09/25/2019

This is to confirm that order #45588 has been canceled, and a refund of $379.88 has been processed. It may take 2-5 business days for the refund to reflect on your billing statement.

We appreciate your business, and hope you will shop with us again!

Honda Automotive Parts
401-257-6465 | [email protected]
Click here to view our site

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
look for another vehicle that has them ..for example there are none for the Tahoe but they are made for the Silveraldo ..a little body work and they look great. Unless you fine a set at the bone yard your not going to find one that is new unless it's aftermarket. Or some ole dude that bought them and you see them at a yard sale :)

here is another part # that some Honda places show in stock ..

08P21-S9V-1M0B4

I am surprised to see that no-body knows how to make a set unless there isn't a market for it ..or they just don't care :) either way i may look into fabricating a set for my 06 since I am going to a wider tire look myself. But with Winter coming I have to prepare for the white walkers ..so my "Honey Do list " is high at the moment.

I do see them available for the 06 honda CRV on ebay and amazon ..may have to "modify " them a bit ..but who cares at this point

Also as a desperate move ..look at the Gen 2 series you can still buy them online ..yes they will not fit ... dremel special them if you have too at least you have something to work with ..not all mods are bolt of specials .... that's what makes modding fun

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aw, man...?
I ordered a set from a couple different sites now with no avail. The only leads I have on flares is for a couple of used sets, Both for over 500$ shipped and in the wrong color. one even has broken clips and bad scuffs. So still waiting on the perfect set to come up for sale or in the junkyard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts