Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to dress up my 2003 Pilot, and due in part to the fact that the OEM flares were sort of subdued and really didn't protect much and also because I am contemplating a Black-and-White theme for my Taffeta White Pilot, I'm looking for what else exists.

I quickly discovered that there are no aftermarket flares designed to fit the 1st Generation Pilots. I'm wondering if any of you have had any success with the flexible DIY flare kits. I'd appreciate input and pictures if you have any.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Aftermarket flare kits will be your best bet. I'd be careful about how the flares attach as you don't want additonal risk for rust to develop. Depending on your location the upper rear fenders tend to develop rust from within on Odyssey and Pilot's. Agree the OEM flares were mostly decorative and wished there were better aftermarket designs. Post up your DIY flare solution.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
That could be one reason. Another would be when eventually losing the battle with rust on the rear fender and no amount of local treatment works any longer short of an expensive quarter panel replacement that may not be worth it for a vehicle on its last legs, to at least hide the rusty spot eyesore and remain presentable in public for a little while. Think of it as concealer for a prom night zit. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm looking to dress up my 2003 Pilot, and due in part to the fact that the OEM flares were sort of subdued and really didn't protect much and also because I am contemplating a Black-and-White theme for my Taffeta White Pilot, I'm looking for what else exists.

I quickly discovered that there are no aftermarket flares designed to fit the 1st Generation Pilots. I'm wondering if any of you have had any success with the flexible DIY flare kits. I'd appreciate input and pictures if you have any.

Thanks,

Steve
My buddy is looking for a fender flare kit as well for his incoming 2004 Pilot project. We'll just finish installing the railings and retrax bed cover on the current truck project and we'll take a closer look at the Pilot. His initial inspection the rear fenders got some rust.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My buddy is looking for a fender flare kit as well for his incoming 2004 Pilot project. We'll just finish installing the railings and retrax bed cover on the current truck project and we'll take a closer look at the Pilot. His initial inspection the rear fenders got some rust.
Post up what fender flare he decides on as it will likely have to be custom since the aftermarket support was never there nor will be.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,667 Posts
Your options are going to be quite limited on a 17 year old vehicle.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Yup, for our model years, AutoAnything has... nothing.

We're sorry, Street-Style Fender Flares are not currently offered for your 2006 Honda Pilot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts