Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I got my Pilot EX-L 2010 last week... and I decided to do the impossible and install a doubledin gps unit into the dash !

Job done.... and pretty nice !

Pioneer Avic-x950BH

I also integrate the OEM backup cam to the unit... So I got the oem screen in the mirror and exactly the same into the Pioneer screen !:)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nice install.
If you want "to do the impossible and install a doubledin gps unit into the dash" try doing it on a 2012!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steering control works great with ASWC (Metra electronics)
No more clock and compass on the upper display...
but I still got the complete CLIMAT display information.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice!! Can you go into any more detail. How hard was it, how much custom work did you have to do? Bravo once again I would love more details. I want to do it myself but instead utilize a ipad mini to replace my glitchy oem deck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm considering buying the 950BH for my wife's 2003 Pilot, but was in two minds after reading the reviews about the GPS. How's it been working out for you so far?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mchip,
You said that you have the climat info display, does that show up on the radio display? Could you post up pic of that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where did he get the kit/trim surrounding the radio ?

Nice install.
If you want "to do the impossible and install a doubledin gps unit into the dash" try doing it on a 2012!

Do you know where he would have got the dash surrounding the radio ? Is it the single din kit without the pocket ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where did you get the kit

My install
Wow very nice install. Where did you get the kit that rest on the top of the unit? The one shaped like an upside down triangle. I’ve seen some of them online but wondering how I could adapt the single din kits to double din.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The bottom of factory unit is somewhat norrower than regular double-DIN. But once you remove the factory audio unit, you should be able to mount an aftermarket. Then you would need to trim the plastic around it a bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts