Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looked at or added an aftermarket compass to their Pilot. I do not mean the one included in the optional rear view mirror. Here is the PNI V700 Wayfinder that looks pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the V6000c. It features compass, inside/outside temp, barometer and altimeter features. I got it for about $60 @ Costco. It's a neat little toy, especially considering what I paid for it. It'll save me some $$, because now I can buy the auto rear view mirror w/o the compass

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tledjazz said:
I have the V6000c. It features compass, inside/outside temp, barometer and altimeter features. I got it for about $60 @ Costco. It's a neat little toy, especially considering what I paid for it. It'll save me some $$, because now I can buy the auto rear view mirror w/o the compass
Did you wire the outside temp connector? Was it hard? Accurate? How about power - wired in or batteries. Figured all I really need is the compass since the outside temp is on the dash and the inside controls are good enough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm also in the market for one of these since I've been spoiled by our Caravan's trip computer. Its always nice to see which direction ur going....lets u know when ur headed the wrong way...:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered two last night, one for each car. Handy in Europe which navigates by town names, not North/South. Spoiled by the one that was in our Jeep.
-Troy

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found this one....what do u guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the compass look. Looks like it rotates unlike the one I bought that moves the arrow around a stationary circle. Not sure I need another clock or the hassle of hooking up another outside temp probe. Got a web site? Cost?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Autobahn...its Sharper image thingy...total cost would be around $86 delivered..
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/c...KYFQFIA2SSHPQ?pid=40570500&pcatid=1&catid=103

I won't be getting it though...the wife already voted it off...says "its too big,... u don't another outside temp nor in temp,...don't need another clock....so I guess I might get one of those u got or convince her to get a Honda Auto D/N with compass.....

Tledjazz...I was looking thru the Costco website and can't find that thing....no V600c at PNI site either...would be nice to have them barometer, altimeter thingy...

·
Registered
196 Posts
autobahn said:

Did you wire the outside temp connector? Was it hard? Accurate? How about power - wired in or batteries. Figured all I really need is the compass since the outside temp is on the dash and the inside controls are good enough.
I hooked up the outside temp sensor before I realized there was already one in the car (duh!). It plugs in back of the unit, and the sensor attaches with an adhesive pad. I put it inside the driver door sill, on the black plastic next to the mirror. The temp readings were way high in the summer, probably due to heat conduction from the black plastic. It's still there, but I disconnected it from the unit. As for power I use the outlet cord provided. The literature said there's an optional hardwire kit available. Something I'm considering for down the road.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Alamat said:

Tledjazz...I was looking thru the Costco website and can't find that thing....no V600c at PNI site either...would be nice to have them barometer, altimeter thingy...
The v6000 was replaced by the v7000, which is probably why it's on sale @ Costco. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the 7k has an "Auto Integrate" feature that turns the unit on and off automatically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts