Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here made any changes to the suspension (shocks, etc) in order to make their Pilot more off-road worthy? We are at a point that we need to replace the shocks (they are completely blown) after 4 years and we want to check all of our options. Ideally if we can lift the car a couple inches that would be great but would be happy with more robust and capable suspension. We don't do much off roading, but a few of our favorite camping spots are in more remote places and require a bit more off road capabilities. I think because this is the first SUV I have ever driven the idea that my shocks are blown after 4 years feels uncomfortable. My read on it is that the car is just much heavier and the parts are primarily tuned toward city/highway driving and not really meant for any sort of repeated off-road trips. That being said I wanted to replace the parts with more off-road worthy ones if possible. Anyone have any input on this? Experiences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shocks blown after 4 years doesn't sound right/good at all.. Is your Pilot sagging?
It is "slushy" in the front. I have been noticing a softness or forward roll so I wasn't super shocked (no pun intended) but it was a bit of a surprise after owning so many Hondas over the years. I am pretty disappointed about it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The Honda Passport is based on the Pilot. It sits a bit over 1 inch taller than the Pilot. You could check the part numbers of shocks, struts, springs, etc and see if there is a difference. You may be able to add some of those to your Pilot and get the higher height and a bit more off road capability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts