Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
any way to get a video for installation? would really love to order it but worried that I won't be able to take the original off and install the new one after paying $169. This armrest issue made me regret not getting a Subaru Ascent instead
Video? LOL

Sorry your just going to have to suffer like the rest of us LOL. Honestly I tried for about 2 hours and gave up. I took it to 3 Honda Dealers, first two were clueless. Third had it off in 1 seconds. You do get instructions with it that are Very easy to follow. Some have a harder time some have an easier time.

Go back and read thru the thread for some ideas

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still can't get this damn armrest off. Anyone in the St. Louis area that's done it? I'll pay you to remove the factory one. I'm real close to taking a sawzall to the factory shaft.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I still can't get this damn armrest off. Anyone in the St. Louis area that's done it? I'll pay you to remove the factory one. I'm real close to taking a sawzall to the factory shaft.
Don't cut it, you'll be left with the shaft stuck in there. The key is lining up the keyway. Do what I did and just take it to a Honda dealer. Hopefully you have smarter mechanics than we do here. I ended up going to three different Honda dealers before someone figure out how to get it off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't cut it, you'll be left with the shaft stuck in there. The key is lining up the keyway. Do what I did and just take it to a Honda dealer. Hopefully you have smarter mechanics than we do here. I ended up going to three different Honda dealers before someone figure out how to get it off.
Holy crap I finally got it. Found a skeleton key at AutoZone. Well a pickle fork, but it got it off in 2 seconds. Find the 12th stitch, slide the pickle fork in horizontal from the front. Tap it all the way in with a hammer. Then pull the fork side to side while slowly moving the arm rest up or down. It literally popped off onto the center console. 8 bucks at AutoZone. Then to push the new armrest on, I used a long handled ratchet, unzipped the armrest cover, inserted the handle onto the top of the shaft (there's a hole through the foam) lined up the key hole, and pushed until it clicked. Hallelujah!!! Just in time for a road trip tomorrow

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had my drive side ratcheting black armrest for about a month and a half.

While I love the width I don't particularly like the seat raised.

I'll be selling my armrest if anyone in the greater Toronto area is interested.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Any tips on removing the armrest. It will not budge at 37 degrees. I pulled this thing for 3 hours now
You might want to go to a dealer, I actually had to go to two of them. Second one was finally able to remove it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just a quick follow up. Back in January I had my drivers side done. I finally got around to doing the passenger side. This is the NON ratcheting type. The biggest PITA was unzipping the zipper to gain access to the part you need to replace. In colder weather it was dam near impossible to pull the seat covering out for another to reach the end of the zipper. The leather was just too stiff and didn't want to budge. Today in the 90's the leather was soft enough to pull it up and out enough so I could get a pair of pliers on the zipper end to pull it up and open it up.

The instructions say to remove the two phillip heads bolts, they are NOT Phillips Head, they are TORX. Sorry I don't remember the #. The whole process took about 20 minutes, most of the time was spent on the zipper and removing the old bracket. It would have been easier if I would have had someone to pull back on the foam on the side the same time I was removing the Torx screws and once again installing them again on the new bracket.

The two screws are not in plain site you need to push the foam down on the bottom one and push it up to see the top one.

I wasn't really thrilled about lifting the drivers seat up an inch so the armrest would clear the center console. I'm 6'3 so I like to have the sit in the lowest position. However, after two months I was fully used to the driving position and I still have a good two inches from the top of my head to the ceiling.

And sorry no, I did not take any photo's along the way. I found having the drivers seat all the way forward, the passenger seat all the way back and working from the passenger seat behind the drivers seat the easiest way.

FYI, make sure you have a 13mm socket and at least a 6 inch extension, you will need this to tighten the bolt. The bolt needs to be tightened thru the other side of the armrest, hence the extension needed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy crap I finally got it. Found a skeleton key at AutoZone. Well a pickle fork, but it got it off in 2 seconds. Find the 12th stitch, slide the pickle fork in horizontal from the front. Tap it all the way in with a hammer. Then pull the fork side to side while slowly moving the arm rest up or down. It literally popped off onto the center console. 8 bucks at AutoZone. Then to push the new armrest on, I used a long handled ratchet, unzipped the armrest cover, inserted the handle onto the top of the shaft (there's a hole through the foam) lined up the key hole, and pushed until it clicked. Hallelujah!!! Just in time for a road trip tomorrow View attachment 131863
12th stitch from where guess I am a dummy help please

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had my drive side ratcheting black armrest for about a month and a half.

While I love the width I don't particularly like the seat raised.

I'll be selling my armrest if anyone in the greater Toronto area is interested.
I’m in the greater Toronto area and want to put this armrest in my ‘18 Touring. Let me know if you still have it. At least I’d like to see how it fits so I know if it will work for me.
Thanks!

201 - 213 of 213 Posts