Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are people having better luck installing these? Have a 17 EXL & the rest suck it's driving me crazy.
I would take it to a Honda dealer, mine charged me $35.00 It was the first they had ever removed. I gave up after about 4 hours. Some people make out better. Now I can pop it off and on in about 2 seconds. I have to admit I do love the new arm rest!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm expecting my 6" ratcheting armrest any day now so I thought I'd see how hard it was to remove the OEM armrest.

I lowered the armrest to about 30* then grabbed the armrest as close as possible to the seat and popped 'er off. Easy Peasy.

I took a couple pictures so you could see the keyed gear. I dunno if it will help anyone.

Sorry about the large image I don't know how to resize on the hosting site.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm expecting my 6" ratcheting armrest any day now so I thought I'd see how hard it was to remove the OEM armrest.

I lowered the armrest to about 30* then grabbed the armrest as close as possible to the seat and popped 'er off. Easy Peasy.

I took a couple pictures so you could see the keyed gear. I dunno if it will help anyone.

Sorry about the large image I don't know how to resize on the hosting site.

Thats Great! Mine took a total of three different Honda dealers. Keep in mind most have never removed one. All they have is a photo of it. The angle of the keyway is very slim. The template Jim sends out it right on. Glad you were able to remove it so easy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow these armrests are great. The stock '16 armrest is like a toothpick. I'm thinking of getting the 4", as I use the center console to store things and don't want it covered up too much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Works great for me.

Keep in mind that you have to raise the seat base height to ensure the folded armrest clears the console.

·
Registered
74 Posts
test drove a 19 exl this past weekend and the armrest is back to tolerable!!

probably will still upgrade but at least i can stay in the honda family

oh and if anyone talks to jim ask if these will fit the 19 - yes i'm that lazy ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
test drove a 19 exl this past weekend and the armrest is back to tolerable!!

probably will still upgrade but at least i can stay in the honda family

oh and if anyone talks to jim ask if these will fit the 19 - yes i'm that lazy ;)
Yes they do! They look great on my 2019 EX-L

·
Registered
232 Posts
would love to see pics did you do driver and passenger? what size?
thanks!!

EDIT - just scrolled up and saw your pics - nice!!
I haven't installed the Passenger yet, its a little more complicated since its non-ratcheting. I need to unzip the leather seat to get the new metal piece in there. I'll do it in another few weeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
any way to get a video for installation? would really love to order it but worried that I won't be able to take the original off and install the new one after paying $169. This armrest issue made me regret not getting a Subaru Ascent instead

181 - 200 of 213 Posts