Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious. Did anybody notice changes after water pump recall fix.. I have the following issues:

1) Engine noisy
2) Less power

:8:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have not noticed either issue

·
Registered
481 Posts
haven't noticed either issue, car runs the same as it does before, and I've got about 1,500 miles since the recall.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Here is a cut & paste from a reply Threadhead made to an owner with a similar issue.

Hope this helps,
Chris

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by torrys
They just completed work on my Pilot yesterday. Mine unfortunately was one of the Pilot's recalled with the bad pump. The car seems a little louder and it has less power since the fix (I can't squeal the tires from a stop). Has anyone noticed this or did I just get some bad service?

P.S. They said mine was the first one they did.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it back, ASAP! They probably slipped a notch on one of the cams when reinstalling the timing belt. It's easy to do (I've changed six Honda timing belts). If it is more than one notch, the valves could be damaged.

I had mine changed two days ago and I have noticed absolutely no loss in power. Sounds a little quieter but that's about it.

Can't guarantee that's your problem, but you should definitely get it back for a check out soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree, I used to do my own belt replacements on my VWs and if I was off one notch the car would run bad and feel like it did not have the power it did before I did the change.

I would take it in ASAP

·
Registered
486 Posts
Absolutely

Sounds like your valve timing is off. To reiterate, take it back el pronto!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Absolutely

MDXlite said:
Sounds like your valve timing is off. To reiterate, take it back el pronto!
Hey Lite-

Let's have a look at the Millies you put on your Pilot-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts