Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a good after market DVD system for the pilot? I didn't get the dealer installed DVD because it would have meant a 4 week wait for my Pilot.

Jon

·
Registered
168 Posts
jonjon,

Dealers now have the ability to install a Honda RES at the dealership. 7'' flip down screen and in-dash dvd player. A very nice set up, I say one installed a few weeks back. Best yet, it's all Honda with a Honda warranty!

Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
dvd and headrest replacement !!

Check out autobarn.com...They are offering a DVD system with the monitors built into the front seat headrests...They are actual headrest replacements specifically for the '03 Pilot(you can choose your specific interior color)....I am seriously considering this since it will also allow me to replace the very uncomfortable factory headrests!!!! ---waxpilot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great Find, Waxpilot

The Autobarn headrest monitors look like a great option. Please let us know if you decide to go ahead and install the Autobarn system in your Pilot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pilotless.... .what was the cost of the unit plus installation?

Jon

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Headrests

The autobarn's headrests look great for adding additional monitors. Does anyone know if they have a leather option? I would think that it would look out of place with leather interior and cloth headrests.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Leather?

I checked the headrest order option for the Pilot under autobarm .com for the 7"monitors/headrests and it looks like the headrests for the grey leather interior are actually grey vinyl, not leather...I am still interested even if the headrests are vinyl---------waxpilot

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If you want the after-market Honda DVD, check out the installation...definitely not a do-it-yourself project.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot/dvdives.pdf
or
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/03pilot/ptdvdives.pdf

There is also a variety of others, drop-downs, in-dash, etc... to choose from. The in-dash ones are probably easiest to install, but not so good for the back two rows. PrG has a nice list at:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1157

If you don't use a Honda dealer for the install, just remember to find a shop capable of doing the job so they don't screw up your nice interior or the side air bags. :eek:

Looks like Pilotless got a first-rate install.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pilotless.... .what was the cost of the unit plus installation?
The total cost was around $1350.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from a brand-new Pilot owner. We did not opt for the DVD option because we purchased a 9" Toshiba TV with DVD for our last SUV. It was around $300 and can be moved between vehicles. It's not as clean a set-up as the built it but if it breaks I don't have to take the whole vehicle in for repair. We can connect video games and also pick up normal TV broadcasts. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
rpmjohn:
Any pics of what your system looks like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts