Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added the Alpine CD changer to their Pilot? I need to know which model number is the one that works with the wiring the Pilot already has. There is one that just plugs into existing wires. Any idea?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa SteveLuman....Way too much information for me! I thought there was a model that just had to be plugged in under the passenger seat and the regular EXL radio controls would run it. Am I wrong? I think I'd stick with a single cd at a time vs. all that wiring, stuff on top of the car and different controls stuck on the dash. I'm not technical AT ALL. If it more than a plug it in issue, I won't be doing it. Is there an Alpine unit that can work with my very limited proficency in all things electric?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
my3kids said:
Whoa SteveLuman....Way too much information for me! I thought there was a model that just had to be plugged in under the passenger seat and the regular EXL radio controls would run it. Am I wrong? I think I'd stick with a single cd at a time vs. all that wiring, stuff on top of the car and different controls stuck on the dash. I'm not technical AT ALL. If it more than a plug it in issue, I won't be doing it. Is there an Alpine unit that can work with my very limited proficency in all things electric?
All that you need is an Alpine CHA-S634 Changer ($225.00), an Alpine KCA-130B MBus to Ai-Net converter ($9.99) a Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 Interface ($80.00) and the Honda Pilot OEM08B26-S9V-100 CD Attachment Kit ($60.00)

The Tread that you looked at had me adding XM Radio & a Changer. Adding just a changer is relatively easy. If you add the Alpine, you follow the directions on the above-mentioned link. The only difference is that the KCA-130B plugs into the Changer cable and the other end of the KCA-130B plugs into the Blitzsafe interface. The Blitzsafe then plugs into the Head Unit. This is because the Head Unit has a 14-pin socket and the Alpine cable must be converted to the 14-pin configuration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:confused:
The place where I got KCA-130B converter didn’t have Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 and I got P.I.E. HON/PC-ALP instead which was also $30 cheaper. After hooking everything up everything worked right away. When I turned the ignition key next morning my head unit had E-EE on its display and refused to recognize the CD changer (Alpine CHA-S634). Since then I’m having problems with the changer. Each time I start my car the head unit either sees or doesn’t see the changer. I already exchanged the changer. That didn’t help. So I’m thinking it’s have to be either the interface cable or the head unit controller. I know, I should’ve listened to Steve and gotten Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 Interface in the first place. But before I call Blitzsafe I was wandering if anyone has P.I.E. HON/PC-ALP working on his Pilot. Also, does anyone have Peripheral HONIL working on the Pilot? I’ve contacted both P.I.E. and Peripheral Electronics and none of them confirmed that their interface will work on Pilot.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
bob__smith said:
:confused:
The place where I got KCA-130B converter didn’t have Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 and I got P.I.E. HON/PC-ALP instead which was also $30 cheaper. After hooking everything up everything worked right away. When I turned the ignition key next morning my head unit had E-EE on its display and refused to recognize the CD changer (Alpine CHA-S634). Since then I’m having problems with the changer. Each time I start my car the head unit either sees or doesn’t see the changer. I already exchanged the changer. That didn’t help. So I’m thinking it’s have to be either the interface cable or the head unit controller. I know, I should’ve listened to Steve and gotten Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 Interface in the first place. But before I call Blitzsafe I was wandering if anyone has P.I.E. HON/PC-ALP working on his Pilot. Also, does anyone have Peripheral HONIL working on the Pilot? I’ve contacted both P.I.E. and Peripheral Electronics and none of them confirmed that their interface will work on Pilot.
Did you make sure that the switch on the CD Changer is at the (1) position. The (1) position is for MBus & the 2 position is for Ai-Net. I don't know if that will help or not.
BTW, WholesaleAudio.com quoted me $ 65.00 for the Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 interface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Steve, thanks again for your prompt response. The thing is my CHA-S634 manual has it the other way around - 2 is for the MBus systems. This is where my switch is. It doesn’t work in the position 1 at all.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
bob__smith said:
Steve, thanks again for your prompt response. The thing is my CHA-S634 manual has it the other way around - 2 is for the MBus systems. This is where my switch is. It doesn’t work in the position 1 at all.
Maybe I just had a brainfart...sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts