Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had the 2023 Pilot Elite (white with black interior) for about 10 days now. Absolutely love it. Would like to buy some quality floor mats and did not want to buy them at the dealer.

I see WeatherTech is showing “Coming Soon”

Has anyone purchased after market mats or has a brand they plan to buy?

· Registered
129 Posts
Congrats on the new Pilot.

We have mostly used Weathertechs for our vehicles in the past. I’ve had an Elite on order since November and have been looking at mats because I wanted a set ready to go when it comes in. It took Weathertech 8 months to have the new CR-V mats up on their site. I would hope it’ll be faster with the Pilot.

In the meantime, I bought the OEM ones along with the cargo mat online from College Hills Honda just to make sure I had something ready. For $180 bucks for all three rows + $93 for the foldable cargo mat, it’s hard to beat. My wife has had the similar OEM ones in her MDX for 5 years now and they’ve held up great.

I might look into switching to the Weathertech or 3D Mats when they become available.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

We have mostly used Weathertechs for our vehicles in the past. I’ve had an Elite on order since November and have been looking at mats because I wanted a set ready to go when it comes in. It took Weathertech 8 months to have the new CR-V mats up on their site. I would hope it’ll be faster with the Pilot.

In the meantime, I bought the OEM ones along with the cargo mat online from College Hills Honda just to make sure I had something ready. For $180 bucks for all three rows + $93 for the foldable cargo mat, it’s hard to beat. My wife has had the similar OEM ones in her MDX for 5 years now and they’ve held up great.

I might look into switching to the Weathertech or 3D Mats when they become available.
I saw the College Hills one, and I agree it is a decent price. I believe our dealer wanted $325.
I traded in an Honday Odyssey for the Pilot. We had Weather Tech mats in that and they held up amazingly against messy kids. But at the same time, I don’t want to wait 8 months.

· Registered
126 Posts

Same here. Used weather tech in my last several cars. Just have the cloth mats in the Pilot now, was planning to get another set from WT but if it’s going to be 8 months I will need to find a holdover option like you mention.
The joys of being an early adopter.

· Registered
25 Posts
I've always used Husky Liners, they seem to be a little more durable than the Weathertech mats. I've had Weathertechs before in our '16 CR-V and '15 Fit and after a few years, the top edges of the mats curled in so there was a gap between the mat and the floor. The Husky's in my 2010 Flex (13 years now) have not changed, and so far no change in our '21 CR-V, but it's only been a couple of years.

I don't expect anything available for the '23 Pilot for a few months yet, but they would be my first choice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From Tuxmat:

Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. Mats for the 2023 Honda Pilot will be made and development will start when this vehicle's interior is scanned at our warehouse. We're still on the lookout for a Toronto-area vehicle to scan, so if you know anyone in our area with this vehicle, please send them our way.

In the meantime, let us know if you would like your email address added to our notification list and if so, if your Pilot has 7 or 8 seats.

· Registered
79 Posts
I called Weathertech on Tuesday the 31'st of January. After a lengthy conversation, the CSR told me that "coming soon" on their website means just that. They have the laser measurements and are in the process of making molds and other preproduction things. It may be 3 months wait. Personally. I'm going to wait for Weathertech as they are made in USA. not China. I had some old stuff laying around too and bridge the the time. I hope they make somethong to cover the middle seat location if the seat is not installed. Also their splash guards are intriguing.

· Premium Member
2011 EX-L and 2016 Elite
34 Posts
I've always used Husky Liners, they seem to be a little more durable than the Weathertech mats. I've had Weathertechs before in our '16 CR-V and '15 Fit and after a few years, the top edges of the mats curled in so there was a gap between the mat and the floor. The Husky's in my 2010 Flex (13 years now) have not changed, and so far no change in our '21 CR-V, but it's only been a couple of years.

I don't expect anything available for the '23 Pilot for a few months yet, but they would be my first choice.
I installed Husky liners in my 2016 Elite after using WeatherTech in my 2011 EX-L. All 3 of my WeatherTech sets had problems with not staying flat or even curling quite a bit. So far, the Husky liners have stayed in shape and still look relatively new after washing. If you're the kind of person who removes your liners frequently for cleaning and vacuuming, just know that the back of the liners are covered in little spikes to keep them in place. They tend to really bite your hands when you handle them.

· Registered
10 Posts

Hello- did you get the regular all weather or high wall all weather? I've been going back and forth on which ones I really want/need. Thanks!

· Registered
129 Posts
Hello- did you get the regular all weather or high wall all weather? I've been going back and forth on which ones I really want/need. Thanks!
I don’t see more then one option for all weather mats on their accessory page.

The only OEM ones that I am aware of (and the ones I ordered) are part # 08P17-T90-110 and the cargo tray is part # 08U45-T90-100.

· Registered
10 Posts
I don’t see more then one option for all weather mats on their accessory page.

The only OEM ones that I am aware of (and the ones I ordered) are part # 08P17-T90-110 and the cargo tray is part # 08U45-T90-100.
OK I just realized I am in the 2023 Pilot Forum. I have a 2022 and they show two different options (one being out of stock). Sorry for the confusion. Moving to the correct forum now :)

· Registered
79 Posts
See my post reg
We have had the 2023 Pilot Elite (white with black interior) for about 10 days now. Absolutely love it. Would like to buy some quality floor mats and did not want to buy them at the dealer.

I see WeatherTech is showing “Coming Soon”

Has anyone purchased after market mats or has a brand they plan to buy?
See my previous post regarding WeatherTech below. Personally, I'm waiting for WeatherTech.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts