Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

After break in mileage

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  EDR 
#1 ·
I always hear about the mileage going up after the car is really broken in (i.e. after the first oil change). Please (if you want) post personal accounts of this happening. My Pilot has 2300 miles on it and I'm getting about 17-18 MPG half city-half hwy. Should I expect a jump and when does this usually happen?

#2 ·
6600 miles now with one oil change under my belt. No difference for me, although I had only been using it mainly to and from work lately (24 miles round trip). And now I will hardly ever be driving it around as I just got my take home patrol car.

#4 ·
FLPilot said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

And now I will hardly ever be driving it around as I just got my take home patrol car.
Officer FLPilot: Got any photos of your new take-home ride? :confused: :D

P.S. And to keep this thread-related... For Jet-Pilot-64: I haven't noticed any drop-off or increase in gas mileage since day one (August 6th of last year) -- still averaging between 19 and 21 mpg... 7,000+ miles as of today! :)

#5 ·
kemosabe said:
P.S. And to keep this thread-related... For Jet-Pilot-64: I haven't noticed any drop-off or increase in gas mileage since day one (August 6th of last year) -- still averaging between 19 and 21 mpg... 7,000+ miles as of today! :)
Do you have a LEV engine or a ULEV...??? What % of city miles do you drive?

Thanks!

#6 ·
kemosabe said:

Officer FLPilot: Got any photos of your new take-home ride? :confused: :D

Not yet, but I should be able to take some later on and possibly post tomorrow.

m-mmeyer Well come on over and fill out an application.

#7 ·
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
Do you have a LEV engine or a ULEV...??? What % of city miles do you drive?

Thanks!
Jet-Pilot-64: I popped my hood and searched and searched and could not find any sticker on the "3.5 Liter VTEC" engine cover that indicates LEV or ULEV... :confused:

I might have to try and dig up the window sticker and see if it's listed on that...:8:

The city/highway ratio is roughly 30/70 since it's ALL interstate highway when I drive it to work -- otherwise, it's city (suburb) driving when we putt around town on the weekends running errands and shopping... :)

#8 ·
LEV or ULEV

This is just a guess, but I think the ULEV's are primarily sold in California (or states with similar laws) due to air quality standards.

Anyone know for sure?

#9 ·
FLPilot said:
now I will hardly ever be driving it around as I just got my take home patrol car.
Sounds like someone is satisfied with your performance. :29:

#10 ·
Oh yeah! I can see I won't be using my Pilot much any longer. But it will only make the times that I do more satisfying, if that's possible.

#11 ·
Re: LEV or ULEV

rtrypilot said:
This is just a guess, but I think the ULEV's are primarily sold in California (or states with similar laws) due to air quality standards.

Anyone know for sure?
See my post here .

I think Honda themselves answered the question.

- shutrbug

#14 ·
I had to wait until about 15,000KM (9,500miles) until I saw my MPG go up to the promised or the touted level claimed by Honda. Ever since then though, the fuel efficiency's been consistent, whereas before that, it jumped all over the places. I still can't believe I had to wait that long before realizing the promised MPG, but at least it started happening. I hope you won't have to wait that long though.

#15 ·
FLPilot said:
KEMO I have the two pictures for you as I promised.
*City name was removed to protect the innocent.
Officer FLPilot: :15: :18: :7:

Very nice Crown Vic, indeed!!! Looks brand spankin' new!!! Thanks for the photos -- I appreciate it!!! :29:

How do your neighbors feel about your cruiser parked in the neighborhood? Do they feel safer? :confused:

#17 ·
KEMO Thanks....yeah it is a 2003 with of 300 miles on it. It's got those many miles because they drove it down from Orlando. Not sure what the neighbors really think. Of course they all say they love having it in the neighborhood, but we shall see. I actually park it right in the street as you see in the pic because I have the Pilot in my driveway. We'll see what kind of waves I stir up with leaving it there.

#18 ·
FLPilot said:
KEMO I actually park it right in the street as you see in the pic because I have the Pilot in my driveway. We'll see what kind of waves I stir up with leaving it there.
I suspect your parking configuration will keep your Pilot nice and safe. :D

#19 ·
Yeah hopefully, but then again I don't need to tell you how many people/punks don't like the police. So I hope that they don't do damage due to me parking out there.

#21 ·
FLPilot said:
Yeah hopefully, but then again I don't need to tell you how many people/punks don't like the police. So I hope that they don't do damage due to me parking out there.
Up here we just had an incident where two Sheriff Deputies ordered burgers at McDonald's and bit into them and found pieces of glass. One was cut pretty bad. Three employee's were suspended pending the investigation.

#22 ·
Wow, that car looks pretty bad Kemo.

Pretty sad world we live in huh Florida_guy?

#23 ·
Originally posted by FLPilot
My two getting along....
Sweet ride FLPilot, all of a sudden calls for domestic disputes in the neighborhood has declined....I wonder why? :)

Here's a picture of my take home rides;)...just kidding, the photo is from EPS website.
Considering that it's a Ford its actually not too bad but then I've only ridden in the backseat;) ....& what's with the plexiglass:D

Attachments

#24 ·
Haha...that's good Borg. Hey like I tell all my prisoners; this is a police car, not the Hilton. I have the hard seats in the back so they clean easily and as far as the glass, I wish they would make is sound proof. I hate listening to these people whining.

#25 ·
florida_guy said:

Up here we just had an incident where two Sheriff Deputies ordered burgers at McDonald's and bit into them and found pieces of glass. One was cut pretty bad. Three employee's were suspended pending the investigation.
There's got to be a special place in hell for people like that.

#26 ·
kemosabe said:

Jet-Pilot-64: I checked my window sticker, too, and all I can find on it about ULEV/LEV is what I have circled...

...the invoice was too large for my scanner -- thus, it got cut off!
Sorry so long to reply... been on a 4dayer...Looks like you have an LEV. I wonder if there's a difference in mileage between the two???

Any one with a ULEV getting above 19 mpgs on average?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.