Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have the Pilot for almost 7 months now and all the problems I have experienced,all the issues I have posted about,I have to admit that I do love the Pilot.the only thing I hate about it is the gastank sloshing sound it makes(None of my previous vehicles did that,that's why).Other than that,everythingelse is "little thing",although sometimes I do wish"..If things were like this...like that...It would be better.Oh well,nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes, I do feel sometimes I am a little hard on my Pilot too.. But after sitting back and realizing the choice that I have made was a good one..

Honestly, It is a great vehicle. There will always be some concerns and problems, but right now there a few BIG problems.

I think we all buy Honda's for the same reason, feel, quality,resale, and previous experience with our older models. Why buy another manufacture and take that risk..

rob

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree, we've been very happy with ours. None of the posted problems. And it has felt VERY solid and sure in the snow and ice we've had recently.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think we are being extra hard on our Hondas because the bar has been raised so high by the company itself...we EXPECT perfection, and when we don't get it-we feel cheated. I have no major complaints about my Pilot so far. I Hope I never have any. As for the major problem with starting...the complaints are justified...
But for those of us with our beautiful problem free Pilots- Remember how much SUV we got for the money. I was (at first) looking at Denali's and thought Oh mY GoD...41K for a Chevy!?! NO WAY. For $10k less, I have a Honda that is about as large and will last longer, have higher resale, better milage and no where near the amount of issues that domestic SUV's have...Check consumer reports for reliability issues, you will reconfirm your decision to go HONDA! I love my big Silver baby!

·
Registered
204 Posts
A review by consumer reports magazine (October issue) was the final factor in my choice of the Pilot. Of all the SUVs that were rated, Pilot was more SUV for the money and the most logical choice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Spent some time reflecting tonight on our purchase-now 4 months old and almost 4000 miles.

We have had 3 minor issues, none of which have even come close to altering our opinion of this vehicle.

Gas tank slosh, hard starting once in a while and leaky windshield spray nozzle on the driver's side. But then, I realize that in all our prev Honda/Acuras over the years, we always had a minor issue or two. Let's see-92 Integra GSR-not aligned from the factory -correctly repaired, 92 Vigor-defective right front strut and fan blower motor within one year-repaired, 94-Accord-engine always made a pronounced ticking noise from the time it was new-never repaired, last I saw the car, it had almost 200k, no engine problems, 98 Accord -EGR valve issue-repaired, 00 Accord-thunk when starting-never repaired, 98 3.5 RL-defective trunk release within one year-repaired.

My point with this, is that all of the above vehicles gave great service and I never had one regret buying any of them. With all the mechanical parts on new cars, they are not going to be perfect. However, I do expect reliability and the dealer to address any concerns I have promptly and professionally. None of them ever left me stranded or failed to start on the first try.

I think the problem is truly that cars have become so good we expect utter perfection from them. Any make has it's problems and Honda is no different. However, I firmly believe that Honda is better than most out there and I will continue to be a loyal owner and fan, regardless of an occaisional hard start or gas tank sloshing. That is why cars come with a warranty and that is why even brand new home owners have a one year "punch list" IMHO.

----------
ncelk-TW EXL, fog lights, cargo tray and cover, chrome extensions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts