Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Sylvania Silverstars in my PILOT for over a month now and I think I want to adjust the headlights, because I think they're too low.

Now I've done a search and found one thread that talked about adjusting the headlights, but a picture and more information would be a huge help.

Anyone ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Re: Kemo.....

PILOTinginCO said:
You are the best!!!!
I second that !!!

Just in time too, I wanted to lower the beam pattern slightly and the timing of this thread was perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Thanks Kemosabe. This will come in handy once I change my bulbs to real Catz HID's. I already changed over to some PIAA H4 bulbs from Japan that gives the headlights the closest look to real HID's but nothing beats the brightness of the real thing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Litespeeds said:
Thanks Kemosabe. This will come in handy once I change my bulbs to real Catz HID's. I already changed over to some PIAA H4 bulbs from Japan that gives the headlights the closest look to real HID's but nothing beats the brightness of the real thing.
And (IMHO) nothing any more irritating than oncoming vehicles on 2-lane roads than those with HID's.

:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
colorider said:
And (IMHO) nothing any more irritating than oncoming vehicles on 2-lane roads than those with HID's.

:eek:
Not if the headlights are aimed properly.
Obviously you have not driven a car with HID lights to see the true benefits of real high intensity discharge lighting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Litespeeds said:
Not if the headlights are aimed properly.
Obviously you have not driven a car with HID lights to see the true benefits of real high intensity discharge lighting.
Like I said - IMHO.

And if that is the case, every car I have met must have had mis-aimed lights!

Several of my MC cronies have converted to HID on one or both of their bulbs and they do throw a lot of light. But then so do my PIAA 910's. I turn my 910's off when meeting traffic - whereas the dudes with the HID's continue to distract oncoming traffic.

Again, just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I think your comment is aimed towards vehicles that install aftermarket HID kits. If the HID lights that comes on Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, etc. where that distracting, how did they pass the department of transportation's stringent rules? I have never thought that factory HID lights were irritating. I do think that cars with mis-aligned headlights and aftermarket fog or driving lights that are not properly adjusted are irritating.
The reason why aftermarket HID kits seem to be brighter is because the bulbs are not a focused beam made for that particular housing. I will let you know after my install if my headlights cause people to high beam me or not.
This again is a very subjective topic so what is too bright for one person may be fine for the next. We all have our opinions and I understand where you are coming from.
Look on the bright side, at least your Pilot is up higher than most vehicles so the oncoming headlights are not as irritating as in a smaller car. :4:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Litespeeds said:
I think your comment is aimed towards vehicles that install aftermarket HID kits. If the HID lights that comes on Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, etc. where that distracting, how did they pass the department of transportation's stringent rules? I have never thought that factory HID lights were irritating. I do think that cars with mis-aligned headlights and aftermarket fog or driving lights that are not properly adjusted are irritating.
The reason why aftermarket HID kits seem to be brighter is because the bulbs are not a focused beam made for that particular housing. I will let you know after my install if my headlights cause people to high beam me or not.
This again is a very subjective topic so what is too bright for one person may be fine for the next. We all have our opinions and I understand where you are coming from.
Look on the bright side, at least your Pilot is up higher than most vehicles so the oncoming headlights are not as irritating as in a smaller car. :4:
Yes, many are probably the HID "wannabee's" and any mis-alignment is aggravated. But even meeting the new BMW's, etc is distracting to me and I find myself fighting target fixation.

:eek:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top