Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 3rd gen Pilots, I'm replacing with a 2019 Ford F-150 XLT Sport Edition with Max Towing. The trailer was just too much for the Pilot to handle running at the 5000lb limit. Now I have to get used to driving a BIG vehicle. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.5L EcoBoost. For being the same size motor as the Pilot, this thing is STRONG. I'm really surprised that GM and FCA have let Ford get so far ahead of them in technology (EcoBoost, BLISS, Trailer Backup Assist, etc). They don't have anything to compete.

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. The Pilot did what it's could but your needs are more than it could handle. Plus if you're like many others, the trailer will only get bigger!

·
Registered
23 Posts
3.5L EcoBoost . . . this is thing is STRONG. . . .
You betcha! If you have some time on your hands, you might want to do a little online research concerning Ford's testing and development of that motor. It's really quite remarkable. (I could babble on here for a good bit, but I'll leave it to your curiosity if you're interested.)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
After 2 3rd gen Pilots, I'm replacing with a 2019 Ford F-150 XLT Sport Edition with Max Towing. The trailer was just too much for the Pilot to handle running at the 5000lb limit. Now I have to get used to driving a BIG vehicle. :)
Now that's a REAL truck ... congrats !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts