Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,,
I'm wondering if any member has installed their own headlight washers. Where I live the roads and the vehicles on them get pretty grimy due to the freeze-thaw cycles, sand, salt, melting snow, etc. So, when you need to use your wipers your headlights are most likely dirty too. I thought I might go to GMC and get the Envoy's sprayers and retrofit it to the Pilot. I'm not sure if that could be done.

Just as a side note: I never see anyone cleaning their headlights except when they get gas. Think of the loss of visibility at night!!! On this issue - my Saabs have had headlight wipers/washers and I've come to really appreciate the fact that Saab designers place my needs as a driver first. On SUVs though, I can get all kinds of trivial add-ons geared more for sitting in grid-lock than actual driving and this - such a dirt cheap-low tech device - I can't even get it as a option!!! Moreover, our Pilot came without rear mudflaps! I'm not impressed. Apparently, Honda lacks any concern for other drivers on the road too.

:) Just trying to put some pressure on Honda.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What yr model is your Pilot? And location? The reason I ask is because if I’m not mistaken, 2nd gen offered it on EDM spec models. You might have a chance on it.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Honda had them in the late 90's early 2000's on some models, CRV's and Civic's . The fad faded, but you might be able to pick up a set and retro fit them. As for the 2nd gen Pilot, I had a 2013 Pilot Touring. No headlight washers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts