Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 SE which does not have this option. I had my console apart when adding the auto start/stop disabler and noticed the two pin wiring harness was there, sitting unused. I then purchased cup holder part 08E11-TG7-110A which does not fit, and is for a six speed shifter and a car without wireless charging. I then ordered cup holder 08U58-TG7-120C which does includes the mount for the wireless charger and the hole for the 9-speed shifter. Also, this part 08U58-TG7-120C can be disassembled if you want to keep your graphite colored cover vs the gloss black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
590 Posts
I thought that tray only came in gloss black and never really liked it.

Which did you end up going with?
Any more pictures of the non glossy black version???

Thank you!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that tray only came in gloss black and never really liked it.

Which did you end up going with?
Any more pictures of the non glossy black version???

Thank you!!
The one on the left is graphite, the one on the right is gloss black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just out of curiosity - if I had a 2016 Pilot without a wireless charger and ordered the lighted cup holder, is it also possible to order the wireless charger part to install too? If you don't know, now worries. I love my 2016 but would like some of the nicer features on the newer ones without having to have a car payment again. :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiosity - if I had a 2016 Pilot without a wireless charger and ordered the lighted cup holder, is it also possible to order the wireless charger part to install too? If you don't know, now worries. I love my 2016 but would like some of the nicer features on the newer ones without having to have a car payment again. :cool:
The wireless charger has a separate wiring harness plug that would need to be present.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
Just out of curiosity - if I had a 2016 Pilot without a wireless charger and ordered the lighted cup holder, is it also possible to order the wireless charger part to install too? If you don't know, now worries. I love my 2016 but would like some of the nicer features on the newer ones without having to have a car payment again.
Do you have the CD Player below the radio unit. You can have either the CD player or the wireless charger. At least that is how it works on the 19s, 20s, & 21s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Will the part 08E11-TG7-110A without wireless charging fits 2017 Pilot EX-L?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Well, nice work.

I only wish I had this much free time on my hands.

I'm glad you do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have the CD Player below the radio unit. You can have either the CD player or the wireless charger. At least that is how it works on the 19s, 20s, & 21s.
No, no CD player in my 16. Good to know - I might have to investigate this all further. I'd love to have a built-in wireless charger. 🤔

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
Looks like the wireless charger is only for the 2019-2020-2021 vehicles.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot SE
44 Posts
A great option for phone holders is Pro Clip.
yes but then you got all this cables dingling, in my case short cable that works with android auto works great for me.
I'm waiting for wireless Android auto so I can just put my phone on my charging pad and be done with it lol

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot SE
44 Posts
I have a 2021 SE which does not have this option. I had my console apart when adding the auto start/stop disabler and noticed the two pin wiring harness was there, sitting unused. I then purchased cup holder part 08E11-TG7-110A which does not fit, and is for a six speed shifter and a car without wireless charging. I then ordered cup holder 08U58-TG7-120C which does includes the mount for the wireless charger and the hole for the 9-speed shifter. Also, this part 08U58-TG7-120C can be disassembled if you want to keep your graphite colored cover vs the gloss black.
Btw I just ordered cup holder illumination kit, and modified my original metalic gray console, there is a 1/8 flange that you have to remove/cut off in order to fit that kit.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot SE
44 Posts
Now on my next project I would like to add blue leds to door handles just like Elite have. Can't find any info or parts for that. The only parts I found are from Japan but not sure if will fit. If anyone have any info it would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
590 Posts
The wireless charging pad is over rated.
I have mine turned off in the settings menu.

90% of my trips are short so a 5-10 or 15 minute drive won't charge much on the wireless pad.

Much easier and faster to plug it into a cigarette lighter charger.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot SE
44 Posts
The wireless charging pad is over rated.
I have mine turned off in the settings menu.

90% of my trips are short so a 5-10 or 15 minute drive won't charge much on the wireless pad.

Much easier and faster to plug it into a cigarette lighter charger.
Yes the pad is not fast charge and it's meant for longer trips and convenience but you do have 2.4v fast charge USB socket right next to cigarette plug if you need recharge fast. Personally I prefer slow charging so it doesn't wear out my phone battery since it's way more expensive to replace and I only charge once a day or two when needed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts