Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Pilot Touring AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 Pilot Touring, so it is equipped with the Honda Sensing equipment (except Blind-Spot Monitoring, Cross-Traffic Alert, and Auto High-Beams) and I am considering asking the dealer if they can do a "software update" to add Automatic High-Beams to the car, since it already has all of the cameras and equipment that would be needed for AHB to function. Has anybody had any luck with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you wanted all the toys on the Elite, why did you buy the Touring? You cannot add such options.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you wanted all the toys on the Elite, why did you buy the Touring? You cannot add such options.
Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps there was a budget involved which only allowed for a certain amount to be spent on a Touring instead of an Elite???

Regardless, if someone wants to find out if other options can be added to a model which doesn't have them, this is a place to ask. People are adding wireless charging, head units which have Apple car play, large wheels or upgraded model wheels, etc. Items which were not on the model they purchased but want to upgrade to some of them.

A 2016 Honda Pilot brochure shows the auto high beam lights were only available on the Elite for that year

2016 Honda Pilot Brochure

Reactions: skadoo323

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,297 Posts
Not a fan of this "Auto High Beam" option. I said to myself "Why are my high beams on while I'm in town?" I can think for myself as to whether I want my brights on or not. If anything, Give me back my high beam floor button to press with my foot. ?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Remember when not only would you perhaps find the high beam switch button on the floor, but also the windshield washer pump and the radio tuner to scan the stations (GM Wonderbar?)

Not all at the same time on the floor of course!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.