Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pilot Ex/L. No DVD, no Navigation.
I plan to install DVD player/TV tuner - Pioneer7500DVD http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=AVHP7500DVD and the 7 inch flip down monitor in SILVER trim (http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront , SEARCH for 709 ).
THe plan is that I would like to keep the factory CD/Cassette player, so that I can use the CD/Cassette player with the steering wheel controls.
I have 2 scenarios:
1. Install Pioneer7500DVD in the slot where presently the factory CD player is installed. Move the factory CD player in the slot bellow the AC controller, giving the fact that I already bought the new console from the dealer( the one that comes in the PILOT with Nav).
The sound from Pioneer should run through the factory CD player amplifier if this one has an Audio in. (Does anybody know the inputs and outputs of the factory CD player?). If you do please shine some light.:)
Install 7 inch monitor.
Pioneer has dual zone control, so I'm hoping that the front passenger can watch TV while kids in the back can watch their favorite movie.
I would also like to attach a rear view camera activated by the stick shift REVERSE position.
2. The second scenario will be pretty much the same like the first one the only change will be running audio from the factory CD player through PIONEER 7500DVD giving the fact that the factory CD player has an audio out and steering wheel controls can be adapted to control the PIONEER7500DVD
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ALL THE WIRING DONE USING ADAPTERS AND WIRING KITS WITHOUT ANY HARD WIRING INVOLVED IN CASE THAT I NEED TO UPDATE AND ALSO TO MAINTAIN THE FACTORY WARRANTY.
Please help with suggestions: parts, layout etc.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow! That's a heck of a price drop for that Pioneer HU. Have you ever bought from that website before? If they're reputable I might have to take a look at what the got.

Anyways, if the desire to keep the steering wheel control is your main reason for keeping the OEM HU, why don't you try a steering wheel interface like the one in this link:

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront

Since you're planning on buying your monitor from them you might as well ask about these items.

In terms of the wiring, if you plan on running everything through the OEM unit, it looks like you'll only need to buy AUX input cables. The Pioneer and the flip down monitor should have everything else. You shouldn't have to hard wire anything. Oh yeah, keep in mind that you'll need to wire the Pioneer's parking brake wire to the Pilot's brakes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mihai said:
What do you mean by "wire the Pioneer's parking brake wire to the Pilot's brakes" ?
Most, if not all ,monitor/receivers require that the video be prohibited from playing movies, etc. while the car is in "DRIVE". That's why there's a wire to be connected with the parking brake. Only, when the car is in "PARK" will the unit play a DVD or whatever. There some law that says that it's against the law for a HU to having moving objects in from of the driver which can, of course, be distracting and can cause accidents. There are ways to bypass it but you are assuming alot of liability should somthing bad occur. Because of the liability, no reputable shop will bypass it. But you don't plan on doing that. Right?:4:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course not. I did not know about this, that's why I asked.Can you please click on the SHOW LINK, then copy and paste, where you found the steering wheel interface.
Thank you much.
Regarding the AUX nobody that I know of is making these AUX adapters. I will call tomorrow a company named PERIPHERAL to see if they manufacture this kind of adapter

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmm? That's odd. Everytime I try to copy the link it just copies the homepage. Oh well. Just go back to the link I initially put up. Then click on the link for "dash, harnesses, and speaker kits,....." Once you get to that page, scroll down and you should see a link for the steering wheel interfaces. Hope this helps, and I hope you know I was just kidding about you bypassing the video lock.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much for the tip.
Regarding the joke I did not mind at all. I like good sense of humor:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anybody know ho is the manufacturer of the CD/Cassette Player in PILOT?
Does anybody have a picture of the back of the unit that shows all the connectors?
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts