Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking the website is wrong. I probably have to do a test fit anyways to see if it clears the brakes.
Tire selection is a big factor. Dropping a rim size.

·
Registered
568 Posts
According to this website, the wheels are the same bolt pattern and hub size.

A 245/65/17 tire is virtually identical in diameter to the 245/60/18.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Please,
If your able to go to 17s, many would be intrested in your transition, tire size, and a photo. Ty

·
Registered
2016 EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I'll post pics if I decide to get them. But I think the interest will be low... I've probably seen more NSX's than RL's up here in Canada.

Rice

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Yes, I'll post pics if I decide to get them. But I think the interest will be low... I've probably seen more NSX's than RL's up here in Canada.

Rice

Less sold would equal less demand and likely a lower price.

·
Registered
2016 EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How's your research so far?
Just when I was going to pull the trigger the Kijiji ad was taken down! I guess we will never know what RL rims will look like on a Pilot.

So instead, last night I picked up some used silver 17" 5 star steel rims (from a 1st gen Ridgeline?) a bit rusty and no centre caps. Wrapped in 245/65R17 GoodYear UltraGrips Ice.
I doubt the TPMS will work if equipped. They will look ugly but oh well.

·
Administrator
15,671 Posts
That wheel was a very popular replacement wheel for Odyssey's with the silly run flat tires. Its has the same stud spacing, center bore, thread size etc as your Pilot

·
Registered
2016 EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That wheel was a very popular replacement wheel for Odyssey's with the silly run flat tires. Its has the same stud spacing, center bore, thread size etc as your Pilot
I don't know if the Odyssey Touring ever came with that Pax option in Canada? But oddly I've seen those rims posted in Kijiji a few times.

Since it's started snowing up here a couple weeks ago (Mt Norquay and Lake Louise chairs are running!) so I put on the steel 17" Pilot \ Ridgeline wheels. They didn't come with centre caps so I just put the factory caps in and they fit. It looks kind of meh but oh well.

The TPMS warnings went off a week later. Is there a way to disable it without me changing the display menu every time I start the Pilot?

Thanks!
Rice

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,671 Posts
Those are Ridgeline steel wheels not the Acura RL alloys I thought you were referring to!
I’m going to let someone else answer your pressure sensor question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts