Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how much difference the extra 20 hp makes in the real world.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Scoobs said:
I'd be interested in knowing how much difference the extra 20 hp makes in the real world.
Well, that was one of the bigger factors attributable for having chosen the Pilot over the Highlander for me :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Article reminds me that the PILOT got some things before its big brother (MDX): Backup sensor/camera, and DVD (RES).

Looks like the MDX gets the voice-activated NAV like the '03 Accord, too. Utilizes IBM's ViaVoice voice recognition technology.
OK, so maybe my next car won't be an Accord.
Can we have an MDX and a PILOT both in the garage? (Just kidding, honey.)

·
Registered
148 Posts
3 catalytic converters?

UHG....hate to replace all of them$$$$ on an MDX.

How many does Pilot have....just one, I hope?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The reviewer touts the rear view camera as if it's the biggest invention since sliced bread ! Well, it maybe, but Pilot got it before the X !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone checked out the voice activated Nav on the MDX or Accord to see if it works as well as Honda claims?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out the new issue of Car and Driver. They gave their opinion on what they considered to be the top 5 trucks. # 1 small SUV-CRV, #1 minivan Odyssey and the #1 Large SUV, the Pilot of course(over our fancy cousin the MDX) yea!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
GPILOT said:
Check out the new issue of Car and Driver. They gave their opinion on what they considered to be the top 5 trucks. # 1 small SUV-CRV, #1 minivan Odyssey and the #1 Large SUV, the Pilot of course(over our fancy cousin the MDX) yea!
So, they chose the Pilot as the #1 "LARGE" SUV??? Did they have a "mid-size" category?

rod

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have this issue and here is the quote from C&D:

"Large is a word that covers a lot of territory in C/D's 5 best lexicon, embracing vehicles ranging up to the behemoth category. Applying that word to a mid-size SUV such as the Pilot may thus seem a stretch. do not be deceived. Althought the Pilot lacks the dimensions and towing capacity of some of the big body on frame traditionals, it surrounds remarkable cargo capacity for a vehicle in this class, as well as three-row seating and a rear-seat DVD......."

So we've made it to the "Large" league I guess:29:

They also go on to say:
"The Pilot gives a good account of itself as a daily driver, an assesment that's true of just about every aspect of its persona. With the possible exception of cargo flexibility, it's not brilliant in any one area, but it's good at almost everything- an automotive jack-of-all-trades."

I recommend everyone go buy this issue, the 1st page of the article shows the 'V, Pilot, and an Ody sitting pretty in a field with only 2 other non Hondas. Makes me so proud :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
I recommend everyone go buy this issue, the 1st page of the article shows the 'V, Pilot, and an Ody sitting pretty in a field with only 2 other non Hondas. Makes me so proud :)
Neat!!!!! Thanks. Sounds like all they need now is to include the Honda ST1100 in the picture (yes, I AM a bit biased)!!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts