Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I drove a EX-L and was impressed.
They also had a touring but it was being preped for a customer.
I got to look inside and WOW what a difference from the EX-L.
The Touring looked very luxurious inside compared to the EX-L.
I have not seen an Elite yet to compare.
I also drove a 2015 EX-L and was not impressed.

My local dealer received a total of three on Tuesday (2ea EX-L and 1ea Touring)
All but one EX-L was sold as soon as they got off the delivery truck.

It is going to be hard to dicker with any dealership, but time is on my side!

TL

·
Registered
78 Posts
I drove a EX-L and was impressed.
They also had a touring but it was being preped for a customer.
I got to look inside and WOW what a difference from the EX-L.
I have not seen an Elite yet to compare.
I also drove a 2015 EX-L and was not impressed.

My local dealer received a total of three on Tuesday (2ea EX-L and 1ea Touring)
All but one EX-L was sold as soon as they got off the delivery truck.

It is going to be hard to dicker with any dealership, but time is on my side!

TL
Interesting.

I havent read of any differences in the interiors between EX-L and higher trims. Does the Touring look more luxurious because of the options or the actual door panels, etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
EX-L exterior shots

This is the EX-L we tested. From the outside, the Elite they had in the same color looked almost identical. It was the inside that had a lot of differences of course. The EX-L had the 2nd-row bench seat where the Elite had the captains chairs, rear entertainment, etc. We just did not see enough difference in the Elite to go with anything more than the Touring. It's for the box-checkers that want every option I guess.

Interesting.

I havent read of any differences in the interiors between EX-L and higher trims. Does the Touring look more luxurious because of the options or the actual door panels, etc?
The interior fit/finish seemed the same to me. The difference is in the features, the most obvious up front is the lack of a shifter which the EX-L has but the Touring and Elite have push buttons. The EX-L had rear climate control but no A/V yet plenty of charging stations. It had the sensing where you hit the turn signal and the camera comes on but did not have the forward collision sensing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is the EX-L we tested. From the outside, the Elite they had in the same color looked almost identical. It was the inside that had a lot of differences of course. The EX-L had the 2nd-row bench seat where the Elite had the captains chairs, rear entertainment, etc. We just did not see enough difference in the Elite to go with anything more than the Touring. It's for the box-checkers that want every option I guess.

The interior fit/finish seemed the same to me. The difference is in the features, the most obvious up front is the lack of a shifter which the EX-L has but the Touring and Elite have push buttons. The EX-L had rear climate control but no A/V yet plenty of charging stations. It had the sensing where you hit the turn signal and the camera comes on but did not have the forward collision sensing.

The side panels look pretty vanilla and the fog, drl area looks enormous and out of place. The Highlander has a much more appealing exterior.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On the pamphlet they provide at the dealership, they show the Elite has iVTM 4 but this is not listed as a feature on the touring, can someone explain what this does differently?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
On the pamphlet they provide at the dealership, they show the Elite has iVTM 4 but this is not listed as a feature on the touring, can someone explain what this does differently?

Thanks
Elite is AWD standard, and Touring can be had in FWD. If you get an AWD Touring, then it will also be iVTM 4. HTH.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They took away the trailer hitch for 2016. It is an option on all trim levels. It is because of the spare tire is now located just inside of the rear bumper. No room for the hitch like the second generation models. Honda accessory and aftermarket hitches will likely hang down and under the rear bumper. Disappointing.

·
Registered
535 Posts
They took away the trailer hitch for 2016. It is an option on all trim levels. It is because of the spare tire is now located just inside of the rear bumper. No room for the hitch like the second generation models. Honda accessory and aftermarket hitches will likely hang down and under the rear bumper. Disappointing.
Removes any doubt they are turning it into a mini-van.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
i-VTM4 is the revised version of the AWD system - standard on the Elite and optional on all other trim levels.
Main difference seems to be that the rear torque split can now be varied from side to side - a feature that used to be an Acura exclusive.
Details here: 2016 Honda Pilot - Powertrain - Honda.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
2016 Pilot

I just picked up my 2016 Pilot touring today! It was the first one to hit the lot. Central Ohio....and I have to say I am impressed! I love it!!! I hope you all get your soon! It's quiet, smooth and amazing!! Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Elite is AWD standard, and Touring can be had in FWD. If you get an AWD Touring, then it will also be iVTM 4. HTH.

Thanks, I just realized this myself looking at the trim levels on hondas site. The dealer told me it was different and had more 'grip' which I questioned.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Can anyone confirm the report that Honda's Alabama assembly plant was hit by a hailstorm recently damaging many 2016 Pilots awaiting shipment to the dealers...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Supposedly found an Elite in white but with black interior instead of beige. Pros/cons of black instead of beige?
To me beige always showed any shoe scuff marks.
Black interior looks more high end than the other colors.

I am not a fan of the gray interior at all.

TL

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
Had beige, have gray and rented many black interior cars.

Liking black best of all. As others say, it has a classier appearance than the others.

·
Registered
774 Posts
What exactly looked more luxurious to you? As far as I'm aware, the only differences to the interior are pretty minor. The shifter, sun-shades, and the entertainment system are the only real differences on the inside.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What exactly looked more luxurious to you? As far as I'm aware, the only differences to the interior are pretty minor. The shifter, sun-shades, and the entertainment system are the only real differences on the inside.
It was the blue accent lights and the push button shifter.
To me it just looks better.

YMMV

TL

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was the blue accent lights and the push button shifter.
To me it just looks better.
The wife also thought the touring looked 'much nicer' than the EX-L. Unfortunately (or luckily) not many Tourings in stock around me.

The differences I saw were gloss black exterior trim around the mirrors and on the window surrounds. Also gloss black interior plastic trim on dash, steering wheel, doors, and shifter area.

Glad we didn't look at night, blue accent lights sound like they might have been a deal breaker. :)

121 - 140 of 146 Posts