Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going in on Monday to get the chip fixed. Even though it happends all the time around here parts during winter, what with all the snow, salt and gravel they spray on the roads, I still hate it when it happens.

I was told that you should keep the windshield as dry as possible for at least 24 hrs. for the repair to cure and set properly once it's performed. But it's quite slushy and wet here, getting all that mucky road slush on the car and I was wondering if I should wait until the weather gets colder, so I can drive around with no worries about having to use the windshield washer? Or is the risk of the chip developing a crack or getting worse overall just too great if I were to wait? Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey Rip.. I had my civic windshield repaired also, and it did not set for 24 hours.. It never spread at all.. Just a touch when they applied the sealing agent to the rock chip..

rob

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do I need to repair it?

I got a little chip couple month ago... real small one.
I just left it alone, and it hasn't spread at all.
Do I need to repair it? What do they do to it, and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Do I need to repair it?

lxblack said:
Well, seeing as how you're in SoCal, may be you wouldn't need to worry about the chip developing a crack. But living up here in the cold climate, often times, I have the heater going in the defroster mode on the windshield, which makes the windsihield more susceptible to developing cracks.

But I'd get it repaired. Better to spend 20 - 30 bucks now then to pay for a new windshield later on down the road. $30CDN is what cost me to repaird the chip. If you do get it done, call around and find who has better prices and also, make sure to ask if they use UV light on the repaired spot. That process expedites the curing process.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Do I need to repair it?

lxblack said:
Don't know how your insurance works, but mine covers windshield repair under Comprehensive.:1:

bakerlar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts