Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Pilot EX-L with RES. I recently plugged a USB charger into the cargo area accessory power socket to charge a tablet. After driving the car for a couple of days I turned the tablet on and realized that it had not been charging. I moved the USB charger to the console panel accessory power socket. It worked there with the engine running.

Is there a switch somewhere that energizes the cargo area accessory power socket?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the fuse?
No. Which one? I don't see one that is obviously the cargo area accessory power socket.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I presume you already tried plugging something else in to that socket to test it (regular phone charger)? I don't see anything in the manual on separate turn on. Most of these cars don't power the sockets when key is off.

I don't think it would back feed and drain the tablet when off but I never tried leaving my stuff connected that way to test if would drain through USB.

edit:
I found what says it's a 2017 pilot fuse locations. Looks like under the hood, fuse box B number 8 is listed as a 20A for RR ACC SOCKET

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gotta look at the correct fuse box in owners manual on Page 711, located under hood near brake fluid reservoir.

Fuse #8.
I feel cheated! My 2019 "owners guide" is only 162 pages. It just gives you fuse box locations and to check in the covers for what's in them and where.

page 133 on mine says refer to the Owners Manual at Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners for a complete fuse chart. That should help a lot when your in an area with poor cell service or don't actually have a smart phone with you. :surprise:

Just like at the dealer when buying this supposedly they are not printing any brochures either. It's all available on line! I got the same story from 4 different brands that we test drove prior. I LIKE paper and brochures! Wasn't thrilled in trying to compare the trim levels on line. I like the 4 columns with S - O for what was standard, optional or not available. I'm getting to old I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I presume you already tried plugging something else in to that socket to test it (regular phone charger)? I don't see anything in the manual on separate turn on. Most of these cars don't power the sockets when key is off.

I don't think it would back feed and drain the tablet when off but I never tried leaving my stuff connected that way to test if would drain through USB.

edit:
I found what says it's a 2017 pilot fuse locations. Looks like under the hood, fuse box B number 8 is listed as a 20A for RR ACC SOCKET
Bingo! The fuse was blown. I'll replace it, test, and update this thread.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A new fuse fixed it.

Thanks for all the help, especially with locating the fuse!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts