Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2017 Pilot EX L. My question concerns the continuous power rating for the accessory power socket in the front of the car. It is not in the owners‘ manual as far as I can find.

It is probably fused for the maximum power draw which differs from the maximum continuous power draw. This involves a relative who may use the accessory power socket for a breathing apparatus, I presume that it is the Honda Pilot Service manual. If someone can look that up and let me know the number, I would be grateful. I am looking for a number greater than 12v 8.3 amp continuous.

THanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Accessory sockets are usually limited to 10 amps. Doubt there's any different rating for continuous loads. If you're running at 10 amps, be sure to have some spare fuses in case you blow one. If your device claims to be 8.3 amps, then you're fine.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Hi, I have a 2017 Pilot EX L. My question concerns the continuous power rating for the accessory power socket in the front of the car. It is not in the owners‘ manual as far as I can find.

It is probably fused for the maximum power draw which differs from the maximum continuous power draw. This involves a relative who may use the accessory power socket for a breathing apparatus, I presume that it is the Honda Pilot Service manual. If someone can look that up and let me know the number, I would be grateful. I am looking for a number greater than 12v 8.3 amp continuous.

THanks.
Page 200 of the owners manual if you are talking about the AC power outlet. Pay particular attention to the highlighted box on the right. The installed power inverter is not a clean sine wave power inverter.

Otherwise you would be better served to get a clean sine wave inverter that is rated medical grade: Medical Grade Power Inverter - Hoffman Engineering for LED Aircraft Lighting and Marine Lighting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts