Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just got myself a used 2008 Pilot and noticed my AC not working due to a slight Freon leak so I charged it back up with UV Dye. Now I’m trying to trace all lines and noticed there’s ac lines going under the truck and up into the center console for the rear blower.
Does anyone know how to access the rear AC evaporator so I can check for leaks? I have tried searching how to access it but I did not find any posts on how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Vinny

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,033 Posts
I believe that you have to remove the center console to get to it. Go to hondaautomotiveparts.com and look up the center console diagrams.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Chances are you will find leaks in the mount points of the lines under the bottom (those leak first) and under the hood.
I just replaced the suction line under the hood which developed strong leaks from 2 out of its 3 outlets and from the valve core too. There was also a pretty big leak under the foam stickers under the mounting bracket. This happens all the time, so start there.

·
Administrator
15,577 Posts
Commonest cause of no ac at all is damage to the condenser which sits in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chances are you will find leaks in the mount points of the lines under the bottom (those leak first) and under the hood.
I just replaced the suction line under the hood which developed strong leaks from 2 out of its 3 outlets and from the valve core too. There was also a pretty big leak under the foam stickers under the mounting bracket. This happens all the time, so start there.
I charged the system with dye and I’ve checked all connections and followed all lines and have not seen any dye yet. I want to check the evap in the back(center console) but I will wait a few more days because I think the leak is very small. Last year it was recharged and lasted all summer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had my refrigerant lines going to rear evap. coil replaced about 3 years ago. My mechanic put dye in the system and a week later found a leak in pipe going up into the cabin. He had to take the whole center console off to get to the pipe connection points in rear evap. section.

·
Administrator
15,577 Posts
Yup total center console removal helped by removing at least one front seat.

Eliminate all easier possibilities first.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I detected a leak with a sniffer in the rear ac port in a 2008 pilot. Assuming that it's a seal leak, how would I access those seals expeditiously? Do I go from the bottom of the vehicle, or do i tear apart the center console and go down from there? Is there another culprit that could produce a sniffer positive through the rear ac vent and what are the remedies? Any input would be very appreciated. I've exhausted my resources as far as what to do to save strain on my back (i.e. manuals, web searches). Thank you in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts