Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Permanently disabling Driver Distraction mode

Has anyone been able to figure out how to permanently disable the driver distraction mode?
everytime i restart the vehicle, it sets to "On" again. It would be awesome if there was some way to permanently disable this.
thnx

Here are the steps to be able to browse online (for safe passengers) while driving. Or play youtube on the browser.

Turn your vehicle on
Tether your smart phone to use the wifi on it.
Connect the Pilot Infotainment system to the smartphone wifi
Press Audio on + Menu + Brightness together to get into system diagnostics
Go into System diagnostic mode (click on the lower button which is not the self diagnostics)
After this press and hold the Menu button for a couple of seconds
Go into the diagnostic menu where you can turn off the driver distraction mode to Off
Go back all the way out and then go into browser mode and play any youtube videos.

Turn off lane watch camera (to disable distraction)
Not put the car in drive and enjoy the browser capability.

The Driver distraction turns ON every time you turn off the vehicle.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
disabling driver distraction permanently

its just a nuisance to enter into the diagnostics menu overtime before a drive to disable it - but i guess that seems to be the only workaround available.

Not possible as it is the default settings in the android dev menu. I think the project also has been abandoned on XDA.

-Ken

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pilot 2017 diagnostics menu

Can't access diagnostic menu on Honda Pilot 2017. Brightness + Menu + Audio off doesn't help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pilot 2017 diagnostic menu

Can't access diagnostic menu on Honda Pilot 2017. Brightness + Menu + Audio off doesn't help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
415 Posts
It DOES work, I use it to shut off my ANC in my 2017 Pilot Touring (Elite in USA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
have you noticed the subwoofer working a lot better with the ANC off? in another thread they said ANC off in the diagnostic menu in the pilot didn't do anything. Only physically unhooking the mics did. But I think that was a 2016. Maybe dif in the 2017--which is doubtful.

·
Registered
197 Posts
After installing new black box this screen keep opens up on startup of the car every time I got the correct pin but still does anyone knows how to disable this screen.

from my Note 9

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
To access these menu hold the power button, menu button, and brightness setting button. In about 2 seconds the diagnostic menu will pop up. If it doesnt work release your fingers and try again. It took me a couple tries the first time. To enter the developer menu select detail & information then hold menu for 2-3 seconds and it will pop up. In the developer menu you can enter the hidden android settings menu.
I had problems getting into the menu. I did two things and was finally able to get the diagnostic menu to open. First, which may or may not have caused the issue, I terminated the Bluetooth connection to my phone; second, and is definitely related to my 2017 Honda Pilot Touring, was I set the parking brake. I got the hint about the brake being set to open the menu from another thread about a different vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a j2018 Ridgeline as well as a 2018 Pilot. getting into the sub menu on the Ridgeline was easy but difficult on the Pilot. I did as PlaysWithLight did except I turned bluetooth off on the Pilot's setting menu instead. I was able to get into the submenu's after I did that. I must've of tried finger placement as least 50 times prior to that. It still wasn't easy getting my finger placement right on the pilot but easy on the Ridgeline. I'm wondering...the screen sensitivity on the Ridgeline is turned up a little higher than the Pilot's. Maybe that could have something to do with it? I'm not sure.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts