Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
So is POWER the "Engine Start/Stop" button?

Do you start with the Pilot off - no display illuminated or on doing the POWER(which will turn off the Pilot)+MENU+BRIGHTNESS x2?

What is the exact sequence + control buttons/display options required?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Car has to have power. Can't be shut off. I have a habit of hitting the radio power a little before the other 2 which makes it look like the display went dead but actually the radio went off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was playing around with the Diag menu and I turned off the Acoustic noise cancelation feature and my sub kicked in a nonstop humming rumble. Kind of like it had a bad ground in a home theatre setup. It's nice to feel it for the first time ever. Reverbs nicely throughout the cabin but it did nothing for music. The Humm just played in the background during music play. Pisses me off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those with after market subs on pilot. You can turn off active noise cancelling temporary by going into ANC diagnostic menu.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the nav safety feature, where you can't type a new address on the move?
in the developer mode the is an option to turn off distracted driver. that worked for scrolling through recent calls
Wow, after much button pushing,finally got to diagnostic mode(is developer mode different?) and couldn't find 'distracted driver' setting.
Also,found a setting that switches antennas,radio was on and switching between antennas really changed the clarity of reception.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In the dev screen, hold the menu button and you will be presented the android developers screen.

Distracted Driver Setting is there, but after the system reboots or you turn off the car you have to reset it.

If you really know what you are doing, you can go into the developer application launcher and startup a few more things like radio testing and change some sort of antenna mode.

·
Registered
52 Posts
from reading it looks like the trick to install APPS is to send it over ADB without a "prompt"

has any one tried that?? :laugh:

haven't picked up my 16 just yet to give it a test.

·
Registered
64 Posts
from reading it looks like the trick to install APPS is to send it over ADB without a "prompt"

has any one tried that?? :laugh:

haven't picked up my 16 just yet to give it a test.
I haven't looked. Can you enable the developer menu and turn on usb debugging?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Updates?

DUDE! This is fantastic! I am gonna try this when during my lunch hour
Any updates on this? I'm also looking into putting "navigation" on a non-navigation EX-L. Plainly see the GPS info there, so it has the hardware. The unit reports only 741mb of internal storage - so I think the GPS stuff has to go on an SD card - at least maps. Currently no apps listed as installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks alot for your detailed feedback. I'm waiting for a 9 speed to show at my local dealer and I want to be prepared for these quirks when I drive it. I expect to tow a 3500 lb travel trailer and like the manual select feature but am struggling with reports of unsure shifting. Any thoughts? Comments could go in the thread below.

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/114.../79146-difference-between-6sp-9sp-tranny.html
I have found that if more precise shifting is needed it helps to turn off the Eco Mode as this changes the shirt points ect.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks like there's a breakthrough with installing apps. People on the EU Honda android system were able to install apk by renaming the apk to one of the whitelist apk. I will be going through all the apks to check. Here's the thread on xda

Honda Connect Android System - Page 27
Actually I have tried this. Put APK on the USB stick and the android install app works fine built in with the pilots. But without the ability to gain root or change the whitelist, we won't be able to do anything. Now I know in Russian they have gotten a copy of the official honda app installer, but its in russian and it is hard to know what it will do to our system.

Because if the bootloader is locked, if we try to change the boot sequence, you can easily brick it. Basically how locked bootloaders work.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Following for later reading. :wink:

BigDozer66

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,748 Posts
Following for later reading. :wink:

BigDozer66
An easy way to do that, if you don't necessarily want to post, is just above the first post at the top of the page, click on Thread Tools and select Subscribe to this Thread from the drop down menu that appears, then confirm on the page that follows.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts