Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hacks are a workaround that may possibly arrive at some point, but there are huge issues in terms of liability, insurance, etc. Nobody wants to brick a car. But Honda clearly intended to allow apk install (there are the menu settings for that). We should just keep the pressure high and make it a public issue, so that they will enable apk install. I have just publicly tweeted them here:

https://twitter.com/paolobocchini/status/686630756853116928

Please retweet, to put pressure on them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread -- very interesting. Question: how do I access 'browser mode' as instructed earlier in this thread? Must be missing something obvious....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Great thread -- very interesting. Question: how do I access 'browser mode' as instructed earlier in this thread? Must be missing something obvious....
I think menus are different for Touring/Elite vs EX-L. This is for Touring:

On the home screen, there are arrows on the left and right of the screen to scroll to additional pages of apps. Most of those pages are vacant cuz there aren't any other apps, but if you page "left" you will get to a page that has a little cluster of six squares at the lower right. Press the cluster icon and it will take you to the Android home screen, which includes a browser. That's the sum total of what I know about Android...

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Elite was built in December, purchased Dec. 30. I haven't had any software updates since purchase, but I was able to access the diag. menu w/the described button pushes. - It's been a couple of weeks. I haven't noticed anybody talking about new software updates this month. To be honest, I don't know if mine has the latest or not.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Can anyone that has the most current software update still access the diag. menu? I can't.
AFAIK I'm at the latest software revision, and I can still access the diagnostic menus.

And my Nav isn't crashing anymore since the last update. Baby steps...

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
AFAIK I'm at the latest software revision, and I can still access the diagnostic menus.

And my Nav isn't crashing anymore since the last update. Baby steps...
Thanks Wanderer, I'm not discounting my personal foo-bar attempts; but for sake of clarification starting with your Pilot off can you describe the steps you're using to access the diag's?

I've watched & followed the youtube video showing how it's done & was successful before, but not since receiving the most current (so far as I know) software update for my SUV.

Is there some way to determine the software version applied other then from the diag. menu?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where did you get the update? Through dealer or OTA? Did dealer call you for the update or you just find out by yourself?

I haven't received any update yet since I got my car in early December. Maybe I should contact the dealer.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
When you take your Pilot in for service just ask the dealer if there are any updates for your SUV. They should be able to identify if any exist and only those applicable (can vary based on build date) will be installed if applied.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Wanderer, I'm not discounting my personal foo-bar attempts; but for sake of clarification starting with your Pilot off can you describe the steps you're using to access the diag's?

I've watched & followed the youtube video showing how it's done & was successful before, but not since receiving the most current (so far as I know) software update for my SUV.

Is there some way to determine the software version applied other then from the diag. menu?
i am in the same boat as you since i got my first update i could no longer access the menu and 2 weeks ago i got another update and still cannot access the Diag page

·
Registered
43 Posts
With you pilot started press power, menu, and brightness at the same time and hold for a few seconds. Takes 2 hands and a little practice. I was updated a few weeks ago and it still works for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
301 Posts
With you pilot started press power, menu, and brightness at the same time and hold for a few seconds. Takes 2 hands and a little practice. I was updated a few weeks ago and it still works for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i was able to do it before the 2 updates but now my screen just blanks out (black) its like its trying go to that screen but nothing. i have tried it several times.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Finally got it to work, simply follow the provided info of holding the POWER+MENU+BRIGHTNESS and if the screen just blanks out as mine was doing before, let go and quickly hold on to the 3 soft buttons again, you should get the diagnostics screen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This works just fine in mine (built in Jan 2016). Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Now that ppl can get into Diagnostic's screen. Has anyone else done anything other than disable driver distraction?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Wanderer said:
rl100 said:
I must be getting dyslexic in my old age because I still can't access the diagnostic screen(s). From starting at the point where I'm sitting in the driver's seat with the Pilot turned off / not running; can someone please provide me with the specific steps to access the diag. menu? Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I must be getting dyslexic in my old age because I still can't access the diagnostic screen(s). From starting at the point where I'm sitting in the driver's seat with the Pilot turned off / not running; can someone please provide me with the specific steps to access the diag. menu? Thanks.
POWER+MENU+BRIGHTNESS at the same time. Hold them for a second and let go. Then repeat. On the second attempt it should go into diagnostic mode.

You'll need to use two hands to press all three at the same time.

Hope this helps. :)

61 - 80 of 118 Posts