Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some acceleration problem could anyone tell me if they experience this or any suggestions on what this could be. This is half way throttle constant pressure I'm not moving my foot.

https://youtu.be/PwdOKtA5Z7s

Tried fuel injector cleaning products.
Revs up fine when in park.

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
I'm not hearing an acceleration problem. It gains speed, changed gear.
However have you checked cause of those warnings lights?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking pretty normal, IMHO. As you are accelerating, the transmission is shifting gears. Therefore, your RPM's will change as well.

Now, NOT sounding any alarms or anything, but GDI engines do have the potential for carbon buildup on the valves. This usually effects the engine at idle, but if the carbon buildup is severe enough, it can cause issues while driving along at RPM.

--> What's with the TPMS warning indicator?

--> How about the issue with the SMART Entry System?

biz
:27:

·
Registered
88 Posts
My advice is to service the transmission. I was also getting the surging, acceleration problem, clunking etc. I noticed the fluid was on the burnt smelly side with 35k on the odometer. It now drives like a brand new suv.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Honda Pilot was irresponsive to acceleration while driving on the a highway this week. I was driving at 65MPH and wanted to accelerate to 75MPH and it did not respond. I had cruise control. Moved to the side of the road, stopped, placed it in park, and re-engage to Drive. It resume cruising speed soon after - however, it was not a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Honda Pilot was irresponsive to acceleration while driving on the a highway this week. I was driving at 65MPH and wanted to accelerate to 75MPH and it did not respond. I had cruise control. Moved to the side of the road, stopped, placed it in park, and re-engage to Drive. It resumes cruising speed soon after - however, it was not a pleasant experience.

It sounds like ECON mode was enabled. I forgot how to do it, but I believe to reset it, you have to press the ECON so it displays on the dashboard then press and hold for 30 seconds. I ran into this issue a couple months ago and did as I was told in another thread; hopefully, someone else can chime in on this.

Edit:
Link to the thread (https://www.piloteers.org/forums/114-2016-third-generation-pilot/128890-pilot-exl-2017-acceleration.html#post1332866)

Link to the comment (https://www.piloteers.org/forums/114-2016-third-generation-pilot/128890-pilot-exl-2017-acceleration-2.html#post1335738)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing and have noticed this as well (even when ECON mode is off).

Would a VCMuzzler fix this?

It sounds like ECON mode was enabled. I forgot how to do it, but I believe to reset it, you have to press the ECON so it displays on the dashboard then press and hold for 10 seconds. I ran into this issue a couple months ago and did as I was told in another thread; hopefully someone else can chime in on this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing and have noticed this as well (even when ECON mode is off).

Would a VCMuzzler fix this?
I'm not too familiar apart from a quick google search, but VCMuzzler is supposed to disable ECON mode all together right?

Also, here is the link to the thread in my last comment (https://www.piloteers.org/forums/114-2016-third-generation-pilot/128890-pilot-exl-2017-acceleration.html)

And a link to the comment I was referring to (https://www.piloteers.org/forums/114-2016-third-generation-pilot/128890-pilot-exl-2017-acceleration-2.html#post1335738)

M

·
0 Posts
I’m having the same issue, I tried resetting the ECO, checked the transmission fluid (haven’t changed the fluid yet), cleaned the mass air flow sensor, but nothing is helping. It’s noticable when ECO is on, but I still notice it when it’s off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Read the very long post by yours truly (me) on this.

https://www.piloteers.org/#/topics/156973?page=4

Essentially, go to the dealer complain, they will keep the car all-day, then comeback and say they can't reproduce.

So, let's try a betterway, since others have been through it, you print out one of the various pics of repair orders on this site and you bring it to the repair idiot, I mean rep, and you tell them this is a known problem and you would be willing to pay for a tranny fluid change if they just do the TSB (I think that acronym is right...software update for the tranny) for the transmission fluid.
If the car is under warranty, then don't pay for it and tell them to just do it already, cause this is a known issue.
Btw: don't believe that lifetime tranny fluid BS.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, Did you ever get this officially resolved? We bought a used 2017 Pilot EX with 25k miles from Carmax. Have the Carmax warranty and still under manufacturer warranty. Mine does this too and It's driving me crazy as most of my driving is around town, stop and go.

I had Honda do an inspection after I bought but could still return, describing the issue and they found nothing. I thought maybe it's just how Pilots were since I didn't test drive others.

I also hate the way it brakes but that's another story. Maybe just the type of brake pads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having some acceleration problem could anyone tell me if they experience this or any suggestions on what this could be. This is half way throttle constant pressure I'm not moving my foot.

Tried fuel injector cleaning products.
Revs up fine when in park.
I am also having the same problem with my 2017 Pilot..It is driving me nuts. So disappointing because it only has 50,000 bun now way beyond a warranty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am also having the same problem with my 2017 Pilot..It is driving me nuts. So disappointing because it only has 50,000 bun now way beyond a warranty.
Your Honda factory power train warranty is 5 years or 60000 miles, whichever comes first. The transmission is covered under that warranty. You might want to talk to your service department and see what is wrong and if it might be under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts