Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried several times to use the ACC, but I must be doing something wrong. I have followed the instructions in the manual, but once I set Cruise, get the lines to light up on the screen, and set the distance, but if the vehicle in front of me slows down, the Pilot does not, and if I don't brake, I'll have a rear end collision. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
734 Posts
When you set your cruise control, are you getting a little digital speed readout by the cruise control symbol? Say you set it to 45, are you seeing a small 45 by the cruise indicator?

If yes, then it sounds like something may not be working correctly or your distance setting is too far to be registering.

If you do not see a digital speed indicator, then you are still in the normal cruise mode and it will not automatically brake or slow down like the ACC does.

In order to switch between ACC and Normal cruise in my Pilot, I have to be standing still or going kind of slow when I try to switch modes. I haven't been able to switch when on the freeway going over 60 or so. May be something I am doing wrong, but at least I can get it to switch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For our 16 Touring while driving, before I set the cruise I can switch between ACC and regular CC by holding the distance button

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I see no digital readout of the speed by the cruise control symbol. only speed readout is the speedometer itself on the main information display.
I may take the vehicle back to the dealer and have them check it out if I can't get it to work.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I see no digital readout of the speed by the cruise control symbol. only speed readout is the speedometer itself on the main information display.
I may take the vehicle back to the dealer and have them check it out if I can't get it to work.
If you see no speed readout of your cruise setting than you either are not in ACC cruise mode, your ACC is defective, or your model year doesn't show the speed setting on the ACC. My 2019 does include the readout but only in ACC.

Try setting your ACC mode when standing still with the engine running. I think you may not actually be setting it to ACC.

·
Registered
89 Posts
While parked with the car running: press AND HOLD this button:

Until you see the English version of this message on your dash:

This how we switch from normal cruise control mode to ACC mode..

Hope this is more clear for you.
Best of luck

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: ImaFordguy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Vehicle in park, engine running. Pressed button as shown in picture, message came up, showing ACC selected.
I will try it out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank all of you very much. ACC is working and now the cruise control digital readout shows. Tried it out and love how it works. Now I can sleep while driving.:eek::sleep::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ImaFordguy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts