Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Honda Pilot - it's summer time and my AC isn't blowing cold on the driver's side. I've checked the following and they seem to be okay:

• AC relay in the main fuse box under the hood (tested with multimeter)
  • AC refrigerant level, it shows about halfway in the green area on the gauge (off the shelf can of refrigerant with gauge). The instructions say not to add any if in the green, although I'm questioning that.
  • Blend door controller - I removed it so I could see the actuator arm and adjusted the temps and verified that it moves. I also manually closed the door.
None of the above seems to help. Is there anything else to check?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
2009 Honda Pilot - it's summer time and my AC isn't blowing cold on the driver's side. I've checked the following and they seem to be okay:

• AC refrigerant level, it shows about halfway in the green area on the gauge (off the shelf can of refrigerant with gauge). The instructions say not to add any if in the green, although I'm questioning that.
  • Blend door controller - I removed it so I could see the actuator arm and adjusted the temps and verified that it moves. I also manually closed the door.

Thanks, Joe
You checked both left and right blend door actuators?

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I just checked the left blend door (driver's side) since that's the one blowing hot. Should I check the right side too?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I just checked the left blend door (driver's side) since that's the one blowing hot. Should I check the right side too?
You only need to check which ever sides is not changing the temperature for you. The concern was if you didn't know there was 2. Checking just one side for the opposite sides problem.

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
586 Posts
Is it like this right when you start the car or does it cool evenly at first and then get warm on one side later?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thanks, Joe
I'm with SLVR7 on this one. The same thing was happening with my 2011EX-L last year. (bought this Pilot in Sept of 2018) The refrigerant was a bit low and it also turned out that there was an "air bubble" or some sort of anomaly in the system. This may have been caused by previous owner topping off low refrigerant with a DIY can. After evacuating and refilling the system it was fine and has been since.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks, Joe
Same problem.Refilled the gas and it worked fine for a few days than the problem resurfaced. Took the car to the AC mechanic and he has asked to change AC compressor clutch and expansion valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts