Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 pilot, I purchased in December of 2019. So for months I never used the ac and when I did I thought it was a little off but it wasn't really hot outside yet. The first time I took it into the dealer I was told it was over charged at the factory. They drained and refilled, worked well for a week then back to blowing cool air. Second trip they replaced the condenser. When I went to pick it up i tested it in their parking lot, still the same so I left truck there. I was then told they were going to put an expansion valve. I'm pretty sure that's not going to work either since the tech who retested it after me was unsure what to do next. This is my third pilot (2010-2017) and only the 2020 is having this problem. I think it's a larger issue that they're unwilling to do. So I'm getting all these bandaid fixes to see if it lasts long enough for me to drive it off the lot. So disappointed with Honda.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
These Honda Tech's should be familiar with these new R1234YF systems as they have been around for 5 years in the Pilots. Try going to another dealership.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have they checked for a stuck blend door? I'm sure they have, but it seems like all the troubleshooting you mention has been under the hood, and there are several things inside the cabin that can cause this issue.

Incidentally, I had a car (not a Honda) with a blend door issue that took several visits to correct. They kept replacing the actuator and scratching their heads when it would "stick" again. Eventually they discovered that the blend door itself had warped, which would cause it to stick. This would cause the actuator to have to work harder, which would consequently kill actuators in a few days.

Cars are a pain, and a/c problems can get a little complicated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts