Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve got a 2012 Honda Pilot and the heat and AC work fine, but the air only blows out of the main vents and won't switch. All the lights work, and the heat and AC work, but I can't change the position of the air flow. I'm thinking its' the AC Mode Accuator - which is a mode motor located on the passenger side up and behind the glove box. However, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what that thing is actually called and better yet... the honda part number. I've looked around for parts, and there are several different motors that Honda uses that are similar, and the prices vary wildly, so I'm never sure if it's the actual part number. I've called the dealership and they gave me a huge price (comparatively) and were kind of jerks about the part number and I wasn't able to get it. I'm wondering if anyone can help? Can anyone find the OEM part number? It would help me tremendously in finding a replacement motor.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
This may be it. Please tripple check.
Honda part # 79140SZA305
If you want the SMP version whom I trust. You can get a 5% discount if you go that route.
Font Auto part Machine Engineering Event

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"ve got a 2012 Honda Pilot and the heat and AC work fine, but the air only blows out of the main vents and won't switch. All the lights work, and the heat and AC work, but I can't change the position of the air flow. I'm thinking its' the AC Mode Accuator - which is a mode motor located on the passenger side up and behind the glove box. However, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what that thing is actually called and better yet... the honda part number. I've looked around for parts, and there are several different motors that Honda uses that are similar, and the prices vary wildly, so I'm never sure if it's the actual part number. I've called the dealership and they gave me a huge price (comparatively) and were kind of jerks about the part number and I wasn't able to get it. I'm wondering if anyone can help? Can anyone find the OEM part number? It would help me tremendously in finding a replacement motor.
I think is the one on the driver's side that controls heat versus cool air flow. The one on the passenger side controls which vents the air gets directed to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I replaced the drivers side one and ran into the same problems. I also need to do the passenger one. What i recommend is taking it out, so that you can find the one that matches. It may mean a gap in replacing, but I just put it all back together, ordered from rockauto and installed it when it came in. The passenger is much easier then the drivers. Btw, you may want to order the cabin filter if needed. You will already have that apart to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts