Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 Pilot and 133000 miles on it and recently my wife was driving it and She rear ended on a truck. Beside all the body works I have done, and I did replace Power Steering Cooling Assembly, it got damaged and was leaking because of the front end collection. Since then my AC is not working is there a connection between Power Steering Cooling Assembly and HVAC system? Can Freon leak due to a damage of Power Steering Cooling Assembly?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The condensor is usually in front of or behind the radiator, sounds like it or the lines going to it may have been damaged as well.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Check the tubing that connects to the A.C. Condenser. Feel for Freon oil. If no damage there, I'd replace the A/C condenser, and the the 2 O rings in the connections. (Use Honda O rings, not aftermarket) Likely you will find your leak by inspecting your old one.
I recommend the Denso, but I have used TYC with no issues.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I have 2009 Pilot and 133000 miles on it and recently my wife was driving it and She rear ended on a truck. Beside all the body works I have done, and I did replace Power Steering Cooling Assembly, it got damaged and was leaking because of the front end collection. Since then my AC is not working is there a connection between Power Steering Cooling Assembly and HVAC system? Can Freon leak due to a damage of Power Steering Cooling Assembly?
I was also thinking too that if you find that your A.C. Condenser has been damaged, I would replace the radiator as well for fear of hidden damage. These models have the transmission fluid running through the radiator and if these liquids should happen to mix your transmission is toast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts