Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello seniors in this forum am new here and i live in west Africa, i just got an 07 pilot with about 90k miles on it, the AC gas discharges in 3 days, i have engaged an ac technician and he can't really figure out where to find the leakage . It is so frustrating and my country is very very hot now.
Can anyone that must have had similar issues kindly share what can be possibly wrong with the AC lines of my pilot. Thanks

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The a/c tech should have the tools and methods to discover the leak, pull vacuum, recharge, ETC and change a/c parts...get a better tech

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
The a/c tech should have the tools and methods to discover the leak, pull vacuum, recharge, ETC and change a/c parts...get a better tech
And don't they make some products with dye in them to make finding a leak easier?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,321 Posts
There is a dye a capable mechanic can use instead of ac fluid that under a UV light becomes obvious.
gen 1 Pilots rarely had failed AC unless the condenser was damaged by rocks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have engaged 2 technicians, the first one checked the condenser, compressor and joints in within the engine compartment and the 2nd checked the the 2 evaporator inside the car but after refilling the gas, the system will be ice cold but in 3 days will start blowing hot air.
I am 😪 and needs more idea on what next to do.
I just shipped in the car from Canada

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Has either of the technicians used the dye that can be seen with an ultraviolet light? That's the standard way to check for A/C leaks, as suggested above.

Yes, it looks pretty hot these days in Nigeria.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have engaged 2 technicians, the first one checked the condenser, compressor and joints in within the engine compartment and the 2nd checked the the 2 evaporator inside the car but after refilling the gas, the system will be ice cold but in 3 days will start blowing hot air.
I am 😪 and needs more idea on what next to do.
I just shipped in the car from Canada
Sounds like a leak if it works for 3 days afterwards. UV dye will identify the leak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone that shows concern, will be taking back to the technician and ask him to us the UV dye as suggested above. I just pray for luck today.
Thanks again for the responses 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I so much appreciate the suggestion to use the UV dye to trace the leakage, the technician actually used c9 compressor oil and small quantity of max cool and boom he spotted several tiny leakages on the condenser. We replaced the condenser with a new one and hoping that there will be no reason to visit him soon again.
Thanks again for all the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts