Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to source a bypass pulley for my 07 Pilot EX-L and I am having a hard time. The part I found on ebay or amazon, etc, show the available bypass pulley good for an 04 Pilot. I cannot find anything so I thought I ask for help here before I buy an used compressor to replace mine and put the car back on the road.

Thank you in advance for help!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,283 Posts
Try here for a compressor: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market Don't know if being in Canada would be an issue, but you could call them and find out.

The other option is to bypass the AC completely with a new shorter serpentine belt. I do not know what length you would need. Maybe someone here does, or you could try measuring the length you need to bypass the AC compressor.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Try here for a compressor: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market Don't know if being in Canada would be an issue, but you could call them and find out.

The other option is to bypass the AC completely with a new shorter serpentine belt. I do not know what length you would need. Maybe someone here does, or you could try measuring the length you need to bypass the AC compressor.
A shorter belt looks plausable. Has anyone else ever done this on a Honda V6?

A soft type tape measure could help you to determine the diameter of belt you need. Be sure the belt is short enough that the tensioner will do its job and the groove count is the same.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,283 Posts
A shorter belt looks plausable. Has anyone else ever done this on a Honda V6?
View attachment 137440
A soft type tape measure could help you to determine the diameter of belt you need. Be sure the belt is short enough that the tensioner will do its job and the groove count is the same.
Yeah, if you check the Odyssey forum and the Ridgeline forum you will find a thread or two. The Odyssey post I read said they needed a 58 and 7/8" belt if I remember right, but I don't remember what year of Odyssey it was.

Obviously if you are going to bypass the AC compressor you would need to measure for your particular vehicle.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Yeah, if you check the Odyssey forum and the Ridgeline forum you will find a thread or two. The Odyssey post I read said they needed a 58 and 7/8" belt if I remember right, but I don't remember what year of Odyssey it was.
I'll do anything to stay out of the repair shop and limp back home to do the work myself. Good to know if you ever have compressor trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts